• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Refrigerator27

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0

Here we go again...

For all of you that are out of the loop, the super safety is made by Hoffman Tactical and designed to be 3D printed out of nylon. Due to the nature of plastic, it has a round count life (100-200 rds), so some people have looked toward machinist with CNC machines to make more permanent solutions. TwinBros3D has been selling them but it appears as if the ATF is now deeming this a machine gun even though it does not meet the guidelines of the definition of a machine gun.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I saw them but didnt give them much notice.

My gut says that once it hits the 200+ round count it might very well go from "fast reset" to "auto reset" due to wear issues.

This does appear to be more machine gun-ey than a bumpstock. But still, F the ATF.

Methane Herder

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Pitchfork Union
    I have heard that Winchester model 190 semiautomatic .22s (with sufficient wear), can have the "semi" bit of their description be optional.
    Possibly to much use of aluminum for bits like a disconnector.

So I've heard.

MH

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    With the videos I've seen online of mp5's and ar15's firing like frt's with the ss installed I'm really not surprised by this.

I have heard they're a shady business though who refuses to do refunds and was also not shipping orders on time if at all hence the demands for a refund.

Camarodude

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2017
    Indianapolis

Here we go again...

For all of you that are out of the loop, the super safety is made by Hoffman Tactical and designed to be 3D printed out of nylon. Due to the nature of plastic, it has a round count life (100-200 rds), so some people have looked toward machinist with CNC machines to make more permanent solutions. TwinBros3D has been selling them but it appears as if the ATF is now deeming this a machine gun even though it does not meet the guidelines of the definition of a machine gun.

The atf hasn't said a single thing about super safeties. Twin bros got raided because they were selling "spicy mac" kits

Camarodude

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2017
    Indianapolis
    link? google is useless for that one. (unless you like hot food)
    I doubt you'll find "official" statements unless you find the actual warrant and pertaining information. There was a ton of info on reddit and forums from around that time. The atf hasn't published a determination letter on the super safety. Twin bros was openly selling actual auto conversion kits for the Mac, not just super safeties. The only statement out there that's close to official from any party involved is from twin bros where they claim they got raided for the super safety. However other distributors are still selling the super safety with no issues. Seems like a cop out from twin bros because they were selling more than they possibly could have had, were relying on Chinese machine shops to make product, and taking payments then never delivering a product. Very shady company all around and I don't trust a single statement from them

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I doubt you'll find "official" statements unless you find the actual warrant and pertaining information. There was a ton of info on reddit and forums from around that time. The atf hasn't published a determination letter on the super safety. Twin bros was openly selling actual auto conversion kits for the Mac, not just super safeties. The only statement out there that's close to official from any party involved is from twin bros where they claim they got raided for the super safety. However other distributors are still selling the super safety with no issues. Seems like a cop out from twin bros because they were selling more than they possibly could have had, were relying on Chinese machine shops to make product, and taking payments then never delivering a product. Very shady company all around and I don't trust a single statement from them
    yeah, I agree with you. Watching the founder's video, he comes off as shady. IMHO.

Top Bottom