• ...and so much more!
  • mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    At this point, it would appear that the only two facts we know are that (1) Vickers surrendered his SOT in June and (2) the ATF confiscated the items in October.

Everything else seems to be conjecture.

While I don't know Vickers beyond the internet, he does not appear to be a person that would create such a situation out of carelessness or disregard for the law though the above actions are puzzling - especially when his internet presence seems to remain active.

There are more parts to the story and I will withhold judgement until/if the facts become public.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    At this point, it would appear that the only two facts we know are that (1) Vickers surrendered his SOT in June and (2) the ATF confiscated the items in October.

Everything else seems to be conjecture.

While I don't know Vickers beyond the internet, he does not appear to be a person that would create such a situation out of carelessness or disregard for the law though the above actions are puzzling - especially when his internet presence seems to remain active.

There are more parts to the story and I will withhold judgement until/if the facts become public.
    That's my understanding of it also. The question remains as to why would he surrender his SOT? I know it's not because he couldn't pay the fee. And another question is if you know you were just going to surrender the SOT why not sell some if not all those items especially in this climax of sellers market BEFORE the SOT expires? I mean he knows what's going happen to those firearms. Why being a gun enthusiast and what I would think is a preserver of 2nd do something like that? It doesn't make sense

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The story says he has cancer and is undergoing chemo, so not really unimaginable that he could have let something slip through the cracks.

And... **** the ATF.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I wonder if there was a memory lapse?

My dad died of cancer. He took care of his guns VERY well. Yet after he died, we found his personal sidearm, a J frame in peices, COVERED in rust wrapped in a rag. No clue how he managed to get it to that shape. There was significant pitting that refinishing just wouldnt help. Even though Our very own Squirt239 did a FANTASTIC job on it, you could still see the marks. I guess its just part of its story now.
    There were also other things in that last year that made no sense. But hey, when the cancer gets into your brain, weird things happen.

Oh, and **** the ATF.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The SOT is a big blanket, covers a lot of stuff in NFA. When you decide to stop having one there's a lot of stuff that has to go like dealer sample items and it has to go before the SOT expires.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Maybe he thought he was doing all due diligence and got conflicting advice, or took advice and someone changed their mind - we are talking the ATF.
    And maybe he got mixed up, a completely cognizant person with nothing else going on in their life could do that.
    Best of luck to LAV!

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    And to think, if the right of the people to keep and bear arms wasn't infringed, AT wouldn't have an F to destroy people's lives.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    WTF ATF?

Raid LAV a hero instead of just calling him.

Keep in mind the media calls everything a raid like they call everything a Glock or an AR.

I'm hearing some second hand rumblings but nothing coherent, confirmed, or publicly discussable yet. What I have learned is that LAV is a more divisive figure among people who know him personally then I would have imagined. Inevitable among big ego guys, I suppose, but even with that I was rather surprised at some of it.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I think I have attend three of his classes.
    Seems ok definitely has the Operator attitude as most guy’s like him I have encountered.

Never sensed a bad vibe from him but I don’t know him on a real level.

I have however learned more about real stuff I can apply from a INGO member.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    melissa-salaman-watching-drama.gif

Top Bottom