Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I got that same email today. It seems to be directed at those devices like people are buying/making to turn Glocks (and other guns) into full-auto. Binary triggers aren't included.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I got that same email today. It seems to be directed at those devices like people are buying/making to turn Glocks (and other guns) into full-auto. Binary triggers aren't included.
    Not saying I have one, but If I did, I would say Binary Triggers would be much better at putting a smile on one's face.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Not saying I have one, but If I did, I would say Binary Triggers would be much better at putting a smile on one's face.
    I had one accidentally once. It's what happens when you don't tighten down the little allen screws on a drop in AR trigger enough. Scared the crap outta me the first couple of shots until I figured out what was happening! :):

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I had one accidentally once. It's what happens when you don't tighten down the little allen screws on a drop in AR trigger enough. Scared the crap outta me the first couple of shots until I figured out what was happening! :):

I had one heck of a ride with a 450 bushmaster once. Some loctite that timney used to secure the screws in the trigger had apparently gotten on the sear. This resulted in it doubling on me until I found the cause and cleaned it out.

My shoulder was pretty sore for awhile, but hearing 2 450 shots land on steel like an echo was quite a thing to behold.

rebase

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 25, 2019
    Indianapolis
    This is not targeted at glock autosears. Those are already machine guns. Todays letter is about forced reset triggers. (Rare breed comes to mind) Vague enough not to name any brand specifically but specific enough to engage scary lawsuits as they desire.

HiRoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Indianapolis East
    I had one heck of a ride with a 450 bushmaster once. Some loctite that timney used to secure the screws in the trigger had apparently gotten on the sear. This resulted in it doubling on me until I found the cause and cleaned it out.

My shoulder was pretty sore for awhile, but hearing 2 450 shots land on steel like an echo was quite a thing to behold.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This is not targeted at glock autosears. Those are already machine guns. Todays letter is about forced reset triggers. (Rare breed comes to mind) Vague enough not to name any brand specifically but specific enough to engage scary lawsuits as they desire.
    I thought those still didn't allow a single pull of the trigger to fire multiple rounds?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Oh so the ATF is arbitrarily interpreting rules to make people criminals after the fact? That would never happen.
    As much as I dislike them, their definition of a machine gun has always included the ability to fire multiple rounds with a single pull of the trigger. Clearly, binary triggers and bumpstocks don't fit that definition. Does the Rare Breed trigger allow that? Or is it just another binary trigger? That was my question. In other words, if you pull the Rare Breed trigger back and hold it, does the gun continue to fire without releasing it? If not, then it's not a "machine gun".

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    I had a cheap parts kit that the disconnector would randomly stick. I took it out of the rifle at the range and threw the parts away in a random wooded area.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    As much as I dislike them, their definition of a machine gun has always included the ability to fire multiple rounds with a single pull of the trigger. Clearly, binary triggers and bumpstocks don't fit that definition. Does the Rare Breed trigger allow that? Or is it just another binary trigger? That was my question. In other words, if you pull the Rare Breed trigger back and hold it, does the gun continue to fire without releasing it? If not, then it's not a "machine gun".
    I think the difference hinges on the fact that with binary triggers, the shooter has to manipulate his/her trigger finger to fire and release the trigger between shots. With a Rare Breed FRT, the trigger mechanism forces the shooter’s finger to “release” the trigger before firing again.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I think the difference hinges on the fact that with binary triggers, the shooter has to manipulate his/her trigger finger to fire and release the trigger between shots. With a Rare Breed FRT, the trigger mechanism forces the shooter’s finger to “release” the trigger before firing again.

Thanks GFGT! I'm not familiar with them, so I didn't know. So it's made for guys with wimpy trigger fingers? ;)

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Thanks GFGT! I'm not familiar with them, so I didn't know. So it's made for guys with wimpy trigger fingers? ;)
    :D

When you define something, especially something that restricts something somebody else wants bad enough, we shouldn’t be surprised when they design a way to get (at close to) what they want while complying with your definition. :D

Top Bottom