• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GJ1981

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    I'm going to ask this since the ATF is dragging its feet getting these to me. I've heard of people getting them within a few days and I'm going into my third week so I'm getting impatient.

My question is can you use a regular local fingerprint card and whiteout or some other way insert the correct ORI info? I thought I've read that people have done this in the past but I didn't hear if it got kicked back.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    I'm going to ask this since the ATF is dragging its feet getting these to me. I've heard of people getting them within a few days and I'm going into my third week so I'm getting impatient.

My question is can you use a regular local fingerprint card and whiteout or some other way insert the correct ORI info? I thought I've read that people have done this in the past but I didn't hear if it got kicked back.

I have wondered the same thing. I have several blank ones but can I just write in the ATF NFA office info?

Lawguns

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Finger print cards

According to the AFT you must use there cards because the ORI is printed on there. If you are in Indy you can stop by the shop and I can give you some I have plenty. The ATF is months behind because they rolled out their new 4473 and don't have enough to meet the demands of all the dealers.
    You could also register it to a trust and skip the finger print cards.

GJ1981

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Thanks for the responses, I had a feeling I knew the answer but wanted to check anyway. A big thanks to Cwood for the assistance :rockwoot:

Look2thewest

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Evansville
    are you serious they wont take regular finger print cards? Well f*** strictly shooting. I got a can there and first they gave me old Form 4s that said send to chicago and then i asked about the finger print cards and they told me to just use the ones at the Sheriffs office. If it gets kicked back cuz of that ill be gettin gmy money back and taking business elsewhere

Last edited by a moderator:

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    are you serious they wont take regular finger print cards? Well **** strictly shooting. I got a can there and first they gave me old Form 4s that said send to chicago and then i asked about the finger print cards and they told me to just use the ones at the Sheriffs office. If it gets kicked back cuz of that ill be gettin gmy money back and taking business elsewhere

I don't know from personal knowledge, but I was told that Elmores regularly uses the blank card and they do not get kicked back.

I would be interested in hearing what happens to yours.

Top Bottom