• ...and so much more!
  • Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Is there anything about a no knock warrant?
    Not in the stories linked to in bobz’s post, but others read some other stories, I got the no knock from posts on page two.

Edit: Read 4 news blurbs, watched 1 news video (Fox). No body says it was a no knock. All say very little factual info other than ATF early morning warrant. Home owner shot first.

Last edited:

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    I have been against no-knock raids for a long time as I don't believe the benefits outweigh the risks. Completely ignoring the 1984-esque examples of them using these raids to punish political opponents, there are many reasons these things are unnecessary and often lead to no good.

First is that they often get their intel wrong and end up blowing up the neighbor's door instead of the intended target. Second is that people often use these raids as weapons against people they don't like or disagree with, a practice called swatting, and it doesn't always happen to prominent streamers, those are the ones you hear about. Third is that for every time these teams get deployed, it costs taxpayers several tens of thousands of dollars. It costs even more when they f***-up and either harm or kill an innocent and later fight a potential lawsuit.

(Even though these are personal anecdotes, I'll say them anyway to give context) 1. My uncle is a county deputy and has had to assist in a few raids, and every raid he participated in was either on the wrong house or clearly a false alarm. Doesn't stop the goon squad from deploying their RPG resistant MRAP against people brushing their teeth for the night. 2. I have witnessed a neighbor get raided for having some of the devil's lettuce. I woke up to what sounded like a bomb going off (was a door breaching charge) and soon after an entire platoon (counted at least 40) guys literally equipped like marines (Flak vests, NVs, some with MARPAT Woodland like camo, suppressed MK-18 style ARs with EOTechs) surrounded a small shed only to confiscate a bag of mary J the size of a grocery bag.

I understand the reason for these raids are intended for warrants and criminals who pose a major risk of escaping, fighting back, destroying evidence, etc. However, I feel there have been several options mentioned above that would strategically be safer, and also be safer for the general public. More importantly, I also believe these tactics are being used way too much, likely from being issued a hammer and seeing every problem as a nail.

I admit I'm not an expert in this field, just an informed observer. I've heard some suggest this practice becoming more prominent is a result from soldiers who were kicking doors in Fallujah during the war on terror bringing those tactics with them when they came back to the states and retired to become cops and SWAT. I'm not sure that's the whole reason, but there is some logic to it, and on top of that we have definitely seen a growing trend of militarizing the police. I was watching the "Sheriffs of El Dorado County" at the tavern last night, and they were filming their training. They were all dressed in camo and plate carriers in some hole in the woods playing soldier shooting every silhouette target they saw (likely to show off to the cameras, but still).

Now I say all of this with a few caveats. First I don't desire any LEO to be harmed when going after criminals and doing honest police work. Second is I acknowledge that I have not been in a risky situation like trying to arrest a hardened criminal who likely has a butt load of guns and an "ain't going back to prison" attitude. Third is that I am not an expert in criminal psychology. However with that being said, I am VERY cautious about militarizing the police, as I think it causes more problems than it solves, included career criminals to get more reckless and dangerous. I believe it has, can, and will be used against more innocent people who likely do not deserve their house to be torn open with an MRAP.

rbhargan

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    That's still debatable to me seeing how some doctors act weird about gun owners and in the past wanting to know if you have any in the home during a visit.
    I believe that is part of the Federal mandated Medicare questioning. I just answer "no" - while wearing a Vortex cap, a Springfield Armory t-shirt and an NRA jacket. :p

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans

‘Something stinks to high hell;’ Brother of LIT director shot by ATF agent speaks out on shooting​

Seems a lot of airline folks are committing suicide lately.

Top Bottom