• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    My money is on standard capacity handgun. Anything else and we would have heard about it by now, plus taking 9 handgun rounds is very feasible where 9 rifle rounds seems unlikely to be able to even fight back.

I believe the shooter did have just a single handgun, which he legally owned according to the news, and quite a few extra mags.

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Victims of the shooting said there were multiple gunmen, one of them with a 9-11 tattoo. A man with a 9-11 tattoo appeared outside of the temple and left before police got there. Multiple types of ammunition were found at the scene. They are still sticking to the one shooter story. Interesting. Person of interest not involved in Wisconsin shooting - wave3.com-Louisville News, Weather & Sports
    28696057-mjs_stranger_at_sikh_shooting_relatives__area.jpg
    Being first on shooting scenes or similar, I can tell you that witnesses can give 180 degree different accounts of the same facts. It will take time to determine if there was truly one shooter right now or not. What we DO know right now is there is one dead shooter. So the one shooter story is perfectly fine until there is a time that evidence tells a different story. I have had witnesses tell me one thing (and I have no reason to believe they were lying) then watch the tape and it was NOTHING like they described. Under stress, different people will hear, see, smell, differently. It's natural.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Are you kidding?... before we invaded Iraq (the first time) every media outlet cited his use of mustard gas on villagers in his own country.

There are many media accounts of his executions of rivals in his own party.

You seem to have a limited (selective) news input.

You are right the media DID report on those atrocities.... YEARS after they had been committed, and when invasion looked inevitable.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    What Denny says as to witnesses is true in any number of stressful events (crimes). I've had people tell me all kinds of things that were flat out wrong but I am certain that THEY think they saw it.

The best analogy I've heard is what Mas Ayoob says, it is like putting an auto rewind on a normal 35mm camera. The senses takes in so much info that the mind cannot process it and it comes back out as images overlapped each other.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Probably...after the first officer took 9 shots to the body.

Denny,

How did this happen?

I was telling my wife that in an unsecured shooting scene, it seemed to me there was a breakdown in training where sympathy overrode the need to make sure the scene was secure.

I would expect the officer to give some soothing words but not focus on an injured person until he had another officer's pair of eyes to back him up.

Being shot nine times and having ones guard up wasn't clicking in my mind.

Thanks

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Denny,

How did this happen?

I was telling my wife that in an unsecured shooting scene, it seemed to me there was a breakdown in training where sympathy overrode the need to make sure the scene was secure.

I would expect the officer to give some soothing words but not focus on an injured person until he had another officer's pair of eyes to back him up.

Thanks
    The officer shot was kneeling down...bent down, etc helping a shooting victim when he was shot. Who knows WHAT kind of training or the mindset of the officer. Has the officer dealt with a live shooting scene before? Who knows. To be quite honest...poop happens. These scenes are so dynamic that it is hard to second guess the responding officer. It is hard to know what any of use would have done in the same situation...something different or maybe the exact same thing.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Denny,

How did this happen?

Thanks

You'd be surprised, or maybe not, at how easy it is to do. When we do active shooter training, we have volunteers that play roles of victims. As were clearing the building they'd be strewn across the building yelling for help, crying, grabbing at you from the floor, and some "done up," so that some look injured, and some look deceased. It's hard to break the emotional mindset of trying to help those, but as instructed, we have to ignore them and keep pressing toward the threat.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Thanks for the insights, guys. I am not trying to armchair quarterback anybody's actions just trying to understand them, and trying to form answer questions in my mind in trying to understand the how's and why's of an event I hope I never have to deal with in the first person.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You'd be surprised, or maybe not, at how easy it is to do. When we do active shooter training, we have volunteers that play roles of victims. As were clearing the building they'd be strewn across the building yelling for help, crying, grabbing at you from the floor, and some "done up," so that some look injured, and some look deceased. It's hard to break the emotional mindset of trying to help those, but as instructed, we have to ignore them and keep pressing toward the threat.

I can see this happening. Until you experience it first hand....hard to say what you would do.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Quite a group of intellectuals posting comments at the Huffing Post.

I don't read the Huffington Post nor was I too concerned with the comments. just thought it was interesting to see more information about the guy and a little slideshow that showed him at a concert in front of a Nazi flag.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members