At least a dozen injured on Westminster Bridge near UK Parliament, attacker shot

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    So you are saying that the immigrants to the UK aren't being assimilated much better than in Belgium or France.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    It's not that easy to change and would be very expensive if they wanted to arm every single officer.
    They have very few facilities where they can train.Their police academies and police stations don't have shooting ranges.
    There's also a lack of firearms instructors.
    No to mention the cost of guns themselves, parts, armorers etc.
    Sounds like they've painted themselves into a corner over there....again.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    It's not that easy to change and would be very expensive if they wanted to arm every single officer.
    They have very few facilities where they can train.Their police academies and police stations don't have shooting ranges.
    There's also a lack of firearms instructors.
    No to mention the cost of guns themselves, parts, armorers etc.

Judging by YouTube, we have plenty of spare trainers, armorers, etc we could send them.;)

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Judging by YouTube, we have plenty of spare trainers, armorers, etc we could send them.;)
    A similar thing happened in the buildup to WWII. Guns were collected in the US (voluntarily) and sent to the UK when they didn't have enough.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Wuh?

Not following your logic. Tango McStabby's parents may've assimilated just fine. At least 1 attacker in the US followed a similar trajectory.

Well, you are going to have to explain this to me then. We have decided that religion plays no part in these attacks. We have decided that there is no danger in bringing in immigrants or refugees as they are very unlikely to commit any terrorist acts. That the problem appears to be that second generation that is carrying out many of these home grown lone wolf attacks. I would have thought that was an indication of a failure in cultural assimilation. Since that is not it, I am now just bewildered.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Well, you are going to have to explain this to me then. We have decided that religion plays no part in these attacks. We have decided that there is no danger in bringing in immigrants or refugees as they are very unlikely to commit any terrorist acts. That the problem appears to be that second generation that is carrying out many of these home grown lone wolf attacks. I would have thought that was an indication of a failure in cultural assimilation. Since that is not it, I am now just bewildered.
    Well, it is a complex problem.

Overblown assumptions aside, the question I guess you are asking is how much to blame the parents for the actions of the kid. I don't know anything about the parents, but it seems like if they'd been islamofascists, we'd know that by now. (Current information says that he was not currently known as a potential terrorist, although he'd been at the periphery of a prior investigation.)

Assuming the parents lawfully immigrated 20-something years ago (total conjecture there, but dead dude appeared to be 20-something), and have led law-abiding lives since then, it doesn't make sense to me to blame them for their kid being an asshat terrorist.

Now, if it comes out that he summered in Pakistan at known terror-related madrassas, then that's a different set of facts.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This is Kurt Cochran, killed in the attack. His wife Melissa was injured. Both US citizens from Utah, they were in London celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary.

C7nFo58X0AM0ryE.jpg:small

C7nFYRMXkAEur7a.jpg:small

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Well, it is a complex problem.

Overblown assumptions aside, the question I guess you are asking is how much to blame the parents for the actions of the kid. I don't know anything about the parents, but it seems like if they'd been islamofascists, we'd know that by now. (Current information says that he was not currently known as a potential terrorist, although he'd been at the periphery of a prior investigation.)

Assuming the parents lawfully immigrated 20-something years ago (total conjecture there, but dead dude appeared to be 20-something), and have led law-abiding lives since then, it doesn't make sense to me to blame them for their kid being an asshat terrorist.

Now, if it comes out that he summered in Pakistan at known terror-related madrassas, then that's a different set of facts.
    I guess we will have to stick with, it is a small price to pay for diversity and multiculturalism then.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

It's everyone else that is the problem.
    If everybody else would just submit or go away you wouldn't have these attacks.
    Nothing can be done, clearly.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Since I already know I'm a racist, mysogonistic pig that hates muslins i am ok saying this: why am I not surprised by the name of the attacker?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

Probably no need to send them.You can just have them watch a few Youtube videos.
    Then have them do dry fire practice at home (not that they are allowed to bring their gun home in the UK).
    Not much different from the way some cops are trained (without firing live rounds to save money).

Top Bottom