Ashley Furniture in Merrillville is a NO GO!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    They have a no Berettas sign on the front door. I turned around and went across the street to Art Van and dropped a few grand. I will be sending them an email, letting them know of their loss. I did not have any "no gun, no buy" cards so I didn't bother going in. I'll let you guys know of their response.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Isn't all of Merrillville a No-go, mini-Chiraq yet? My parents graduated from high school there. The "region" must be avoided at all costs in my book.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    Isn't all of Merrillville a No-go, mini-Chiraq yet? My parents graduated from high school there. The "region" must be avoided at all costs in my book.
    With two Blythe's Sport Shops, Westforth Sports, Cabela's, Bass Pro Shops, South County Guns, Deb's,Gander Mountain, Precision Cartridges, other businesses (plus a class 3 range coming)our area is full of firearm enthusiasts. We also have Winamac, Willows Slough, Kingsbury, and Jasper Pulaski shooting ranges. We also have the Crown Point Gun Show and Valparaiso Gun show, the North Porter County Conservation Club, multiple Izak Walton locations, and other locations for shooting sports. I consider this the best place in the state for firearm enthuiasts.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    I stand corrected. Well, good to hear. Used to be a great middle/working class place to raise a family. My grandparents decided to move after waking up one morning to find a bullet hole in their kitchen sink window. That was in the early 90s.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    At one time it indeed was. Gary was one of the biggest and wealthiest cities in the state. When the steel mills died the region was hit hard. Gary, Hammond, EC, and parts of Merrillville have higher levels of crimes, but there are still lots of good places to live in the area and many places to find enployment

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    They have a no Berettas sign on the front door. I turned around and went across the street to Art Van and dropped a few grand. I will be sending them an email, letting them know of their loss. I did not have any "no gun, no buy" cards so I didn't bother going in. I'll let you guys know of their response.

:dunno:No Berettas! You should have told them you had a Glock! Couldn't resist! :p I know what you mean though. When I see a no guns sign I just turn and walk away.

ItchySides

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2016
    Wanatah
    Not even close. Stay out of Gary and a few other places and you are fine.

I get requests to work in Gary sometimes...It's gotta be in the morning before everyone wakes up. Was there this morning - event free. I won't go there and some other places in Lake Co after 2pm. And I carry the entire time.

ItchySides

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2016
    Wanatah

I make it a point to eat at Schoops (at least in Valpo). If you go to the cashier, there's a green "guns welcome" sign posted. Gladly give them my money and enjoy great food.

Top Bottom