• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    He's a very good singer, and if you heard his song "Country Boy" I bet you'd change your tune. He messed up, lots of people do on the National Anthem. He apologized on his website

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Sorry. You're a professional. It's what you do for a living. This is your country and you get a chance to be on an international stage representing that country. Get it right. It's not that hard. It's a pet peeve of mine - the national anthem - only one verse and kids learn it long before they have a clue what it means.

Another Anthem peeve is "making it your own" to the extent it's nearly unrecognizable. Sing it as it's written, this isn't the time for artistic expression, it's time to honor our country and our vets. At least he sang it straight albeit way too slow.

Get it right Aaron - no excuse.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Sorry. You're a professional. It's what you do for a living. This is your country and you get a chance to be on an international stage representing that country. Get it right. It's not that hard. It's a pet peeve of mine - the national anthem - only one verse and kids learn it long before they have a clue what it means.

Another Anthem peeve is "making it your own" to the extent it's nearly unrecognizable. Sing it as it's written, this isn't the time for artistic expression, it's time to honor our country and our vets. At least he sang it straight albeit way too slow.

Have you ever made a mistake doing what you do for a living? I sure have. People doing things far more important than singing make mistakes in their profession, and I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone who hasn't made a mistake even in a field they are considered a professional in. :twocents:

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011

i agree with you when it comes to "making it their own" but this is not the case here. He made an "Error" the scoreboard even keeps track of them at these types of events - so move on.

I'm in the military - been in for 23 years - I'm very patriotic and love USA! There is nothing to see here, he messed it up and apologized. What more do you want?

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    I'm a fan of Aaron Lewis' country albums. He has some very patriotic songs and captures the meaning of living in freedom well. I'm sure he's beating himself up for the error, but it doesn't make him any less patriotic and freedom loving. He's got some pipes too!

orangeITguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    The Heart
    i agree with you when it comes to "making it their own" but this is not the case here. He made an "Error" the scoreboard even keeps track of them at these types of events - so move on.

I'm in the military - been in for 23 years - I'm very patriotic and love USA! There is nothing to see here, he messed it up and apologized. What more do you want?

This ^^

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Sorry. It's an easy task, and no I've never made a mistake on something simple that I do for a living in front of an international audience.

Perspective.

It's not just a song any more than the cloth at the top of the pole is just a flag.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I've read where professional singers have said that singing the National Anthem is the toughest "gig" around.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County

Ever misquote general order #1 to a superior. I bet you didn't.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I've read where professional singers have said that singing the National Anthem is the toughest "gig" around.

I agree with you. There's no pay. There's no benefit at all, except for the service - as with most of us service is it's own reward. There's no where to go but down. If you get it right, you're supposed to. If you get it wrong people seem to never forget. There's a reason. It's not just a "crappy poem", it was set as our national anthem - The Star Spangled Banner - in 1931 by congress. It's not just a song. It's an honor to honor those on whom we owe our debt to liberty. If it's just a song, and just a performance, just something to do before we start the game or the race, then please don't do it.

What do I want? Nothing now. It's done. I'd rather he practiced and got it right. Nothing to be done now.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I agree with you. There's no pay. There's no benefit at all, except for the service - as with most of us service is it's own reward. There's no where to go but down. If you get it right, you're supposed to. If you get it wrong people seem to never forget. There's a reason. It's not just a "crappy poem", it was set as our national anthem - The Star Spangled Banner - in 1931 by congress. It's not just a song. It's an honor to honor those on whom we owe our debt to liberty. If it's just a song, and just a performance, just something to do before we start the game or the race, then please don't do it.

What do I want? Nothing now. It's done. I'd rather he practiced and got it right. Nothing to be done now.

I'll bet he did practice it

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Sorry. It's an easy task, and no I've never made a mistake on something simple that I do for a living in front of an international audience.

Perspective.

It's not just a song any more than the cloth at the top of the pole is just a flag.

Have you ever performed any of your simple tasks in front of an international audience? What "simple" task have you done or do you regularly do that you would say is comparable to singing the National Anthem at the World Series?

Serious questions, not being a jerk.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

I agree, but I give him a pass because, according to his personal testimony, portrayed in his most popular song (at least the song that made him familiar to me), he believes the words and lives them. He just screwed up singing them. At least he didn't do a Rosanne Barr.

[video=youtube_share;5ertNb6myic]http://youtu.be/5ertNb6myic[/video]

Top Bottom