Armed California homeowner foils home invasion.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • David D

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2013
    New Albany area
    Biden should be proud of her. Unfortunately it seems that she didn't hit either the bad guys or their car, making it easier to identify them.

Maybe their next victim will finish the job.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Good for her for not being a "sitting duck." - her words.

Too bad there aren't more like her in that wacky state. According to the LA tv station, the robbers said, "crazy b*-t¢h has a gun."

It sounds to me like she's the sane one in this story.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    They need to hurry up with the gun confiscation rounds up out there. You can't allow this sort of thing. If people start thinking they don't have to just be a victim it's untelling what might come next.

cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    Good for her for not being a "sitting duck." - her words.

Too bad there aren't more like her in that wacky state. According to the LA tv station, the robbers said, "crazy b*-t¢h has a gun."

It sounds to me like she's the sane one in this story.

Well in a state that's well on its way to criminalizing gun owners, confiscating said guns, I'm sure it was a complete surprise to these robbers that she actually had a gun. Ill be they thought the state had completely disarmed the populace, making their job of acquiring other peoples stuff easier.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm glad she was able to change would-be home invaders' minds. I hope she's not charged. But she woke up out of a dead sleep because of a dog's barking and then saw a man in her back yard and another man standing by a car. She knew nothing of their previous illegal activities at that point but shot her shot gun "at them" anyway. It's a good thing for her they probably were up to no-good and not some guys out looking for a lost dog or child. It's entirely possible she saw and/or heard something not mentioned in the story but just shooting at somebody that happens to be in your backyard seems kind of reckless in the context provided.

gjclark

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I'm glad she was able to change would-be home invaders' minds. I hope she's not charged. But she woke up out of a dead sleep because of a dog's barking and then saw a man in her back yard and another man standing by a car. She knew nothing of their previous illegal activities at that point but shot her shot gun "at them" anyway. It's a good thing for her they probably were up to no-good and not some guys out looking for a lost dog or child. It's entirely possible she saw and/or heard something not mentioned in the story but just shooting at somebody that happens to be in your backyard seems kind of reckless in the context provided.

Thats what I mean... I am sure that if I just went outside, saw a guy in my driveway/backyard and I fired a shot that I would have at least violated a city ordinance. I thought we could only fire when our life was in danger, not because our stuff was being taken.

k1500

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2013
    West Lafayette
    It is good she wasn't harmed, but I have to bring up a point here. Why would anyone fire a "warning" shot? I'm not advocating the wild west and just start shooting any body in your yard, but the warning shot is wasteful at the least and highly dangerous at the worst.

1. She now has one less round in her weapon. The attacker and his buddy could start running toward the house. She has effectively "warned" them to move and take cover. The muzzle flip on that shotgun has thrown her off target, losing precious seconds to re-acquire a sight picture of the predator.
    2. What if the weapon malfunctions after one shot (it isn't impossible)? She has used the one and only shot which could have stopped the threat had he been advancing.
    3. What if the guy was simply at the wrong house where he was invited to a party and he was trying to determine the address while his buddy waited at the car? She now just used deadly assault on someone.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    It is good she wasn't harmed, but I have to bring up a point here. Why would anyone fire a "warning" shot? I'm not advocating the wild west and just start shooting any body in your yard, but the warning shot is wasteful at the least and highly dangerous at the worst.

1. She now has one less round in her weapon. The attacker and his buddy could start running toward the house. She has effectively "warned" them to move and take cover. The muzzle flip on that shotgun has thrown her off target, losing precious seconds to re-acquire a sight picture of the predator.
    2. What if the weapon malfunctions after one shot (it isn't impossible)? She has used the one and only shot which could have stopped the threat had he been advancing.
    3. What if the guy was simply at the wrong house where he was invited to a party and he was trying to determine the address while his buddy waited at the car? She now just used deadly assault on someone.

She's an old lady who has probably learned all she knows about armed self-defense from television.

ETA: I wonder if the homeowner had been a 40-year old able-bodied male if the warning shot would have been received the same by LEO.

Top Bottom