• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    My son and I finally made it to the Ark Encounter this weekend. I thought it was amazing. The ark itself, which is the largest timber framed structure in the world, is impressive, pictures just don't do it justice. The displays were rather informative whether you believe the story of Noah's ark or not. They also had a display with items from the Bible Museum in DC which had actual texts dating back to 200 AD.

I'm not trying to persuade anyone in their beliefs with this post, simply sharing my visit with this amazing attraction.

Pu3OQXD.jpg

uEfbPN0.jpg

HrS3KRV.jpg

5LN8fd3.jpg

jDDuky1.jpg

GtoELCE.jpg

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    We went last summer. My older son is finishing his second summer working at the Creation Museum a little north of there in Hebron, Ky. He gets free admission to that and the Ark Encounter and we made a trip with the other kids last year to take advantage. It is impressive to say the least. He made his last visit to the Ark as a tourist (with free admission) on Sunday. He comes home tomorrow and returns to college on Saturday.

Glad you enjoyed it.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Neat! Thanks for sharing.

Is it ironic that an attraction dedicated to Noah's Ark won't let you go in the water? :D

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Did you go on a weekend? How busy was it?

I keep reading reports that attendance is much lower than expected...what did you think of the crowd?

BTW: I was down your way this weekend with my mom. We visited my grandparents grave in Dubois and spent the evening at French Lick.

...really made me nostalgic for my summers there as a boy.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Did you go on a weekend? How busy was it?

I keep reading reports that attendance is much lower than expected...what did you think of the crowd?

BTW: I was down your way this weekend with my mom. We visited my grandparents grave in Dubois and spent the evening at French Lick.

...really made me nostalgic for my summers there as a boy.

We got there right when it opened at noon and the parking lot was about 1/4 full. I honestly have no idea how many people were there at one time because there are 4 levels to the ark. It didn't really feel crowded probably because of the massive size, but there were definitely a lot of people.

Hope you enjoyed your visit down here.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I don't know about Mark's experience, but inside the organization, they are very pleased with attendance and they will be continually expanding what they have for years to come.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Thanks for posting this. It never would have occurred to me in a million years to go see that, but now that I have seen your photos, that is on my list of things to see. Amazing!

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    The ark itself is pretty cool, aside from that it was a pretty neat Jurassic Park museum. Personally I though I don't recall that long haired guy being in any of the movies.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    My wife and I took the kids a few years ago. It was awesome, and there were quite a few people there. Gotta say, I was pretty moved walking up to
    it. Like was said, pictures don’t do it justice.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    We got there right when it opened at noon and the parking lot was about 1/4 full. I honestly have no idea how many people were there at one time because there are 4 levels to the ark. It didn't really feel crowded probably because of the massive size, but there were definitely a lot of people.

Hope you enjoyed your visit down here.

There’s no denying...that place is HUGE! I followed the construction project online...the satellite views of the jobsite were insane.

Dubois county is a hidden Hoosier gem. I used to spend my summers down there following my grandpa all over fishing and checking his traps. That’s where I learned to shoot, fish, and butcher game...all of which were uncommon among my suburban-raised friends.

When I was a teenager we used to explore the ruins at West Baden Springs...what they’ve done to that place defies belief.

My wife and I have talked about retiring to Jasper or nearby...we’d have everything we need.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    We went to the Creation Museum two weeks ago. It seemed rather busy to me. We went to the COSI museum in Columbus Ohio the next day. It didn't seem as busy, but Columbus did have a Jazz and Rib festival going on at the same time. We are hoping to check out the Ark Encounter next year.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Thanks for posting the pictures, Mark. We keep talking about going but there's always something that seems to come up.

Top Bottom