• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I think Einstein was correct. The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
    True to that...genius has it's limits whereas stupid knows no bounds!
    Arrogance is when ignorance runs amuk...and too many, nowadays, are too ignorant!

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I used this as a teaching moment for my kids. A few weeks ago, we encountered a road rage incident that, even though I was in "the right", it could have been totally avoided by me. While it happened, it was no big deal but the jackwad really lost his mind and was mad enough to pull over and get put into the passenger seat by the lady that was riding with him.
    Immediately afterwards, I explained to my kids that even though I was in the right I should have totally avoided the situation. This dude was unstable and it could have been a lot worse.
    I read this article to them explaining our situation COULD have been something similar. Hopefully it sticks.
    I have a daughter who's 16 and is currently driving with her permit...and we've witnessed several 'incidents' (none as dramatic as yours, but stupidity, nonetheless) and have discussed them and talked about how to avoid them or not 'fan the flames' per say, during the incident...being 'right' doesn't not always make you 'right' when dealing with immature individuals! Let them go there own way and do NOT get caught up in their crap!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    The thing that hits me was the statement from the shooter's sister, “He grabbed his gun and left saying he was going back over there and shoot at the house to scare them,” Ivy’s sister said, according to the affidavit.

Why would you think to do that?

Youth, ignorance, stupidity, this sort of thing portrayed in movies, TV, videogames, etc. There's a reason I didn't own a gun until I was in my 40's. I had a temper that I had a hard time controlling but also had enough reason in my brain to understand that owning and gun in that condition would likely get me dead or jailed. I mellowed and matured to the point where in my mid-40's I finally felt responsible enough to be a gun owner. I think very few people have that self awareness and self control.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Suburbs. People move there, then think they're entitled to let their cat run free and yell at anybody driving faster than 20.

I have to hand it to the younger generation, because as an X'er, I'm amazed pop culture took this many years to invent the name "Karens" for people like that.

If you want a readily-available source of daily stupidity with a local flavor, I highly recommend the App NextDoor. True story, on my local feed a while back, there was a guy calling out an anonymous driver for driving too fast. Turns out there was an altercation of sorts recorded on his Ring doorbell (of course). He posted it, and there he was, on video holding a toddler in his arms while standing in the street checking his mailbox. He flipped off a driver going by and yelled something at him! The car backed up for more discussion, and the dickweed stood there with his toddler arguing with the guy. He publicly implored the person to come back and "own up to what you did and discuss it like a man." He posted this, on an app where people post by their real names, and with a video which could allow you to use landmarks to figure out which house is his.

Going back to the original article, I think the question could equally be asked - why would you leave your own property and walk down the street to approach a vehicle containing people you had words with?

I have a feeling society is better off both these people are out of circulation.

Top Bottom