• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Not really brand loyal all that much. I try to buy where it helps people near/dear to me out. But I have to make decisions based on what my family needs.

I can't think of one thing that I try to buy just based on mfr, brand, label, name, etc. Mac OS is the top one that comes to mind. But I now run it on a Dell Mini 9 laptop and Dell Vostro A90 laptop. So, Apple had nothing to do with those.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I pay for Quality. Lesson I learned as a child from my Grandpa. Make sure what you are buying is capable of outlasting you. If not make sure it has a lifetime warranty!

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I pay for Quality. Lesson I learned as a child from my Grandpa. Make sure what you are buying is capable of outlasting you. If not make sure it has a lifetime warranty!
    The problem now is finding things of quality. The most expensive is not nearly as good as it use to be. The cheapest is generally just that... cheap.

In groceries, I have found that generic is usually just as good if not better than name brand items. I usually go for the cheapest item then in groceries. If it's bottled water though, I am very picky about that. Some water has a taste and I don't like it. I buy Ice Mountain if/when we buy bottled. I only drink tap water when I have to. I realize that bottled water may very well contain the same stuff that's in my tap water. The problem is, I have seen what's in my tap water. It was a mistake letting someone show me that. If I don't know it then it won't hurt me... hehehehe... We ended up buying a $5000 water purification system for our house. We were going to buy a water softener anyway but then ended up buying this because of letting someone show me what's in our water. I have not had them back to show me how it is now but we're happy with our water for showers and laundry, etc.

back on topic....

I usually always buy Sunbeam bread. I use to buy Wonder and then the Sunbeam guy was at Meijer when I was there picking up bread. He promised me that their bread was just as soft and cheaper than Wonder. He was correct. So I now only buy wonder. My sister says that Kroger brand bread is really soft. I have yet to try it.

I do buy only Oscar Myer deli fresh 1lb lunch meat. I prefer the chicken breast but I do buy the Turkey also for Scutter. This is actually his preference. He doesn't usually care what I buy but this is the lunch meat he prefers because it doesn't have gross bits, etc. in it.

Ohh soy sauce... It has to be Kikkomen. I won't buy anything else. Steak sauce.. has to be A1. Tissues have to be Puffs Plus and toilet paper has to be Northern (both of which come from Sam's Club).

Malt-o-meal cereals tend to be better than the brand names. Scutter says there are way more marshmallows in the Marshmallow Mateys than in the name brand. I think he prefers Raisin Brand though over the generic.

I guess the answer is... it just depends but over all I think it is price over brand name.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I use only Valvoline oil, drink Pepsi, drive Chevy Trucks. We normaly buy from small bussineses around town to help them support their families, The Waltons have enough.

For a minute there, I thought I was listening to my dad but he's dead. He worked for GM and retired from there so he would only buy GM. He loved his trucks. He would only put Valvoline oil in all of the cars and he liked his Pepsi. Wow... thanks for the memories... :D

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    ChevyAndMLB.jpg

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    jeep
    verizon wireless
    sony ps3
    any rum that isn't bacardi
    affliction t-shirts
    hickory hardwood for bbq
    chemical guys detailing products
    totinos frozen pizza
    fenix flashlights
    royal purple
    shell v-power gas
    busse knives
    spyderco knives
    benchmade knives
    tempurpedic beds

ruger7722

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    indy
    sunbeam bread is the softest.marlboro ultra lights and no chinese products,when possible.corona beer.ford trucks,chevy cars.

amboran

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Brownstown,IN
    Ford trucks,Jeep 4x4's,AMD processors(for my 'puters),Polaris ATV's,A1 steak sauce,Cheerios,Hershey chocolate(some things you just don't buy generic).:twocents:

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    M&Ms... They make the only good candy coated chocolates.. :) Peanut M&Ms are my favorite. They are my addiction. I can't find anything to substitute either.

Top Bottom