• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lunati

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Warsaw
    Just picked up my first Glock last night (G34), held off as long as I could (mainly an XD guy). XD's will probably be sold off now. I shoot the Glock so much better.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    From what Ive seen, every story of .40 glock kaboom has the word "reload" in it. You can kaboom anything when you use the word reload.

But its served as fuel for the anti glock fire, for years.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    warsaw
    From what Ive seen, every story of .40 glock kaboom has the word "reload" in it. You can kaboom anything when you use the word reload.

But its served as fuel for the anti glock fire, for years.

that's a pretty important fact for people to ignore. Must be part of the reason most manufacturers say that using reloads voids your warranty.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    I know I will get plenty of crap for this thread, but I have to bring it up. Glock reviews are very biased!

Yep, this is where I get all kinds of crap from Glock owners, but hear me out. This is a legitimate complain from someone who desperately wants a realistic, objective review of the products so that I can make a decision on whether or not to buy one.

Now, this mostly pertains to YouTube reviews, not at all to INGO reviews (I haven't looked at any yet), but a lot of Glock reviews fail to mention the negatives of the firearm. Maybe there aren't many, but there are some and the minority of firearms enthusiasts who don't own one yet would like to know what they are.

For example, the new Glock 42: sorry guys but is a sub-compact, or maybe even a sub-sub-sub compact. Either way, it is not a pocket .380. At 14oz, it is very heavy for that class (polymer framed anyway) and it is much to long. So don't compare it to the ruger lcp, when it is a ruger LC 380 at best.

Rose colored glasses are fine until you start misinforming people.

P.S. Don't mean to offend, just a cry for help.

I own a Gen 3 G22 that was a police trade in. I don't own any other handguns except a .22lr revolver I use for plinking. Between family members I've shot tons of different handguns and I'll be the first to say that a Glock is not the "best". It's definitely not the worst either. IMO, it is the best you can get for the money. I got mine for $375. While I'd rather have a nice 1911 or an H&K, they are double that price. Glocks go bang every time, they are easy to strip down, they are boxy and ugly so I don't have to worry about feeling bad if it gets a few scratch marks. I don't have to treat it like it's beautiful and I don't own a firearm that I cannot throw down in the rocks and be fine with the outcome. I feel like H&K's feel much better while shooting and if I had the money I'd carry one of those instead, but I'm not going to find one for $400. Same goes with a reliable 1911. There's my review, for what it's worth.

There are some ka-boom stories with the .40 cal Glocks

Simply due to negligence. You can't fix stupid.

wow! Seriously? Lol, you guys love your Glocks so much your willing to let them explode in your hand and still walk around saying "Glock Perfection"!

lol, but seriously, how bad were those instances?

About as bad as other guns that blow up...

Last edited:

tlfuller27

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Nappanee,IN
    Sorry I dont like Glocks or any one gun that doesnt have hammer. I know thats my choice but when I hear Glock plastic gun comes to mind and I just cant shake it but each his own just dont force your thinking on me

Aejsl

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    I'm a Glock man. Super easy and never had a malfunction. I've owned 4 different guns and shot several thousand rounds.

Top Bottom