• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Well I'd be willing to bet that no one here is talking about anything like the first three, and I suppose the Romeo Zero is a micro but even that is an extreme. The g**** you added with the RMR is the only normal one that normal people are normally talking about.
    Yet there is a difference between micro red dots and red dot sight

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    What if any credible sources did the counter guy have? Did he take a reputable class (Handguns Combatives, Gunsite, Range Master or MSP?) or did he just regurgitate counter talk? Sounds like the latter to me as any brand of RDS can have a zero shift.

Here’s a couple articles shared from Dave Spaulding Handgun Combatives page

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Does anyone ever have trouble with the added mass of a red dot on a slide causing reliability problems?
    There was talk of heavier dots causing cycling problems on FN 5.7’s that I read about some time ago. That’s a blowback gun that could be a pretty sensitive system I think.
    I had an RMR on a 5.7 for a while and had no problems, but didn’t shoot it a lot before the mounting system failed.

There’s a lot more forgiveness in the system of an average gun.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    No problems with anything other than a Trijicon. That was several years ago before the V2 RMR came out but customer service sucked to the point that I'll never own another one of their products. ( Yeah, I hold a grudge) Started with a vortex venom, no issues with it but it's been relegated to a TX22 competition.. Holosun 507s on everything else and no problems with any of them.. As another said I trust my life with them and I have thousands of rounds through pistols, Glock & PSA Daggers with Holosuns riding the slides without issue.
    80AF4106-6164-435D-895C-D2AA5155E8B3.jpeg
    The RMR has never moved POI after a lot of rounds.
    BCFD7B49-6059-47D5-938F-27C7413BFB12.jpeg
    And this Vortex Razor has held up on this 629. It gets plenty of full house Magnum loads and no issues.

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    I don't know what you'd call it. But let's go with what a reasonable person would put on his or her compact carry pistol.
    MRDS=Micro Red Dot Sight
    RDS=Red Dot Sight
    The ones mounted on non slide mounts are most likely not MRDS.
    The ones mounted on the slide are mostly MRDS.
    The ones for the micro pistols are even smaller than a MRDS.
    That being said, you can get a slide cut for the smallest of red dots and that provides for a really low mount and co-witness with standard height sights.
    If your pistol won’t cycle with a MRDS on the slide, try to find lighter recoil springs, one pound at a time. Too light of a spring can beat up your gun.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I don't know what you'd call it. But let's go with what a reasonable person would put on his or her compact carry pistol.
    I like to think I am a reasonable person. Two of my EDCs: CZ 2075 Rami B & Sig P365X with P365 Wilson Combat grip module. Both cycle well, are accurate and hold POA so far.

Edit: the Rami has factory sights which sight fine through the RDS and on the Sig can sight via a notch on the back of the sight. Both methods are as accurate as iron sights if I have RDS failure.
    1681314629167.jpeg

Top Bottom