Are American's Being Prepped for Knife Control?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I found this article while looking at the weather this morning on the Wane Channel 15 website...

I don't know what particularly struck me, but it felt like one of those articles we have seen in the past that is spread out over a couple weeks everywhere in the mainstream media. We have seen this multiple times with gun control efforts.

So I did some rough quick Googling and found this same article in other places...

Soooooo.... I am wondering if the government/media apparatus is looking to prep the sheeple for "knife control" similar to what we see in UK?

I've reached a point in my life that I don't "worry" about these things any longer. If I worry about what officials are trying to take away from me, I would be nothing but a wrecked ball of worry. I notice, I acknowledge, then I get politically active.....but not worry.

I just found this interesting and of note.

matbmorr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2021
    Charlestown
    I wonder if this has anything to do with the Harvard study that came out recently....(Not) Surprisingly, it found that, when guns aren't an option, criminals will just find another tool to use. Seems like the kind of focus-shift these groups are known for.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I found this article while looking at the weather this morning on the Wane Channel 15 website...

I don't know what particularly struck me, but it felt like one of those articles we have seen in the past that is spread out over a couple weeks everywhere in the mainstream media. We have seen this multiple times with gun control efforts.

So I did some rough quick Googling and found this same article in other places...

Soooooo.... I am wondering if the government/media apparatus is looking to prep the sheeple for "knife control" similar to what we see in UK?

I've reached a point in my life that I don't "worry" about these things any longer. If I worry about what officials are trying to take away from me, I would be nothing but a wrecked ball of worry. I notice, I acknowledge, then I get politically active.....but not worry.

I just found this interesting and of note.

No, it's just those corporate bigwhigs in Tejas at Nexstar.

Corporate cookie cutter articles.

To use a gun analogy=>JJE is Nexstar; PSA is WANE.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Knives can go through most soft armor, you know? Think of the children! Won't somebody please think of the children?

To me, "arms" includes blades, and I'll carry whatever the f' I want.
    And while we are assuming its a given that the attack is going to happen, a bad guy can make you bleed out faster without touching the body armor. Lots of unprotectable arteries.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    There are several knife rights organizations that are on a similar track to the gun rights organizations. They are filing lawsuits and lobbying to remove restrictions on knives. I suspect, as with so many of our infringed rights, TV depiction of knives, like suppressors that go pftt, caused fear in the public and political types offered to infringe on those rights to keep the public safe.

I did not pay much attention back in the day, but it seems to me there was little or no opposition to NFA, GFA, and any of these silly knife laws passed between the 1930’s through the 80’s. Seems a turnaround began in the aftermath of the assault weapons ban…

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And I think folks are waking up. Back then, most people believed that .gov was benevolent and had our best interests in mind. If they were banning something, it must be for our own good. Like Lawn Darts, auto safety standards,etc.

Today, not so much. Or maybe they just ran out of controls that the vast majority of the population thinks are reasonable and are now overstepping?

tgeorge21

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 19, 2023
    Feet
    Yeah this is a little sensationalist. But, like anything else if knives become a focus it could be legislated like anything else that is dangerous and easily accessible. As was mentioned in a previous post, the UK has done that for years.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I have several points on knife control...

They are all at the end of these Bayonets..

28166454_1361619500650934_1276498567081679809_n.jpg

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    How about baseball bats being banned or shortened or made out of NERF material? Recently read about a murderer using a baseball bat to kill another person. Will this BS ever end about trying to control weapons instead of unstable people and, of course, catch and release criminals and criminals in general? :dunno:

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Knives are considered "Bearable Arms" under the 2nd Amendment. Swords and sabers are also. Too many think the 2nd Amendment is only applicable to firearms. Nope. Includes magazines, ammunition, ballistic body armor, and ballistic helmets.

Knives? Some of us have some big ones . . . such as this M1902 Light Cavalry Saber . . . and it's a real battle saber, not a ceremonial one. Model 1902 Light Cavalry Saber.jpg

Last edited:

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    If memory serves, I remember as a kid in the 1960's the police saying that switch blades were illegal, as well as a pocket knife with more than a 3"? of 4"? blade (I forget which).

BUT I also remember that I, as well as many other boys began carrying pocket knives by 3rd grade, and the school never said a thing about it.

I often had a pocket knife in my pocket through high school, and nobody ever used them as weapons either.

I even have a memory of our 3rd grade teacher one day asking "does anybody have a jackknife I could borrow?".

She then went on to sharpen a pencil with it and gave a lesson that you should always push the blade away from you and not towards you.

Times have sure changed!

Top Bottom