• ...and so much more!
  • spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I haven't personally tried this...

Overstock.com currently has this wrench for $21.99 + $1.00 shipping. However, if you follow the advice further below you can get it for $18.60 shipped. My understanding is that's a good deal.

Here is a link to the wrench if you want to see it.
    AR15 All-in-One Combination Wrench Tools from Overstock.com

Here are the directions for the 20% off.
    Search for “ipod” on live search (live.com).
    There will be an overstock ad on the right side of the page.
    Click on it to go to the overstock site, there will be a big gleam on top that says “…shop to earn 20% cashback”.
    You can shop on other products with 20% cashback once you’re in their site. (Search for AR15)

I think you can even get this discount by clicking on the "No Thanks" link after you have clicked on the overstock ad on the right.

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    Thanks Spasmo, I got this along with a vertical foregrip and Eotech 512 for 20% off! Of course it is a cashback thing so I have to wait 60 days before Microsoft will send the money to me.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Oh, so it isn't actually $18.. but I still guess it's a good deal. Glad you could use it.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I've had several problems with inexpensive wrenches like the one pictured on Overstock.com.
    1) The textured finish is thick enough to affect the sizing of the various openings (flash hider and receiver extension slots and torque wrench hole) such that they do not fit properly.
    2) They are made of soft metal, so repeated use tends to raise sharp burrs on the various surfaces, and wear down the "teeth" that engage the barrel nut.
    3) Having the openings of the castle nut wrench (small end) and barrel nut wrench (large end) facing different directions reduces the amount of leverage you can apply on either end, and also poses a bit of a safety hazard if your hand should slip while tightening or loosening the nut.

The best armorer's wrench I've found is this one from Olympic Arms:
    full-h28.jpg

It is "in the white" so there's no finish to cause problems, the openings are correctly sized, it is made of good quality steel (doesn't wear like the cheapies), and the barrel nut/castle nut openings are facing the same direction, which allows use of the entire length of the handle for leverage.

My :twocents: and sorry for the :hijack:

Top Bottom