• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dboz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Greenwood
    I am very interested in purchasing a Colt CRP18, as it has every feature that I want in my next AR, but availability seems to be an issue. I haven't seen many in stock, and the ones that I have seen are all CA compliant with the "bullet button". Here is a good example:

Colt Competition Bold Ideas CRP-18 CA NEW CA OK : Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com

My question is this: Can the bullet button be replaced with a standard magazine release? I assume that, if possible, I would not be violating any laws, as IN does not have the detachable magazine restrictions that CA does.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Daniel

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Might try taking a look at one of the new FNH rifles...specifically this one

You will get alot more gun for the few extra bucks you'll spend.

Just an educated guess that the rifle you posted wont sell for below 1500 plus shipping and transfer fees.

dboz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Greenwood
    Thank you very much for the info.

I know that the Colt isn't the least expensive option out there, but I priced what it would cost to put it together myself, and the colt price is pretty darn close. A stainless, 1/8, rifle length gas system on an 18" barrel, Geissele SSAE, and free float tube are the big attractions for me. I have been looking at the Stag 3G, but am still weighing my options.

romad7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    It's doable but can be difficult. I had to literally stand on the lower and pull it off with channel locks. After that I just installed a normal mag release and it worked fine.

Top Bottom