• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FishnHunt

Expert
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Gonna try and do an Appleseed at some point this spring/summer, so I need to set up a sling for my AR. Any advice specific to Appleseed on what I should use for the sling & mounts? This is my rifle for Indiana Multigun, so I don't foresee the sling getting much use other than the Appleseed shoot. I've got a Stag 3G with a free float fore-end that can take a small section of rail about anywhere, and the Magpul ACS stock has a QD mount on the left side and a basic sling mount on the bottom. What say the Appleseed experts? Crappy cell pick for reference, and thanks in advance for the help y'all!

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    a cotton gi slings j clip will not clip onto the sling mount on the acs stock. I use a qd swivel on my gi sling with that stock.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I'd recommend mounting a bit of rail on the bottom where you could mount a 1.25" sling swivel (QD if you like) in the approximate position you'd use as a hand stop in a good prone position.

Get a GI web sling for the Appleseed, they're fairly cheap and very functional.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    They make a clamp on swing swivel stud that easily clamps on front rails. I got mine from Brownell's. With that you can easily attach most quick detach sling swivels. That may be a way to go, especially if you do not want something permanent.

grunt soldier

Master
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Mi makes a cheap sling swivel. I really dig lathes but it's more expensive. If you want to use qd push button swivels DD makes some for reasonable prices. On the back just run some 550 cord through the bottom sling spot. Then use the standard buckle that come on the hi slings and attach that way. Or if you just want to shoot loop sling then the front swivel is all you need

spitfire51

Sharpshooter
    Nov 16, 2010
    Worst case, bring it to the shoot as is, we can probably get you a loaner sling, set you up with some zip ties for the weekend, and you'll be good to go.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Thanks y'all, this'll get me going in the right direction. I like the thought of a small rail up front, so I'll probably try that first & see how it works. Hope I get to meet some of y'all this year!

grunt soldier

Master
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I have been playing a lot with my turner leather slings. I have found I can set them up on the AR with qd swivels and never have to adjust it. I'm really digging these slings. I'm betting you can do the same with the riflecraft slings if you got qd swivels on it also. Might be my next sling purchase actually.

Top Bottom