• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drafter117

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2012
    I've been looking alot at products Burris and Nikon have in scopes. These two manufacturers have range finding scopes built for an AR platform. I'm curious if anyone has one of these and can provide some imput. Probably would not buy a Burris but it does have some nice features.

thank you!

drafter117

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2012
    I was looking at the nikon irt with a BDC recticle for the 5.56. Range to 600m. Was curious if anyone had these types of scope and how well they liked it. Any drawbacks to this that they found.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I've been looking alot at products Burris and Nikon have in scopes. These two manufacturers have range finding scopes built for an AR platform. I'm curious if anyone has one of these and can provide some imput. Probably would not buy a Burris but it does have some nice features.

thank you!

I have the Burris version of that scope, I like it. Its mounted on one of my ARs chambered for the 6.5 Grendel. The laser rangerfinder seems to be very accurate, it provides a digital read out that is very clear. I believe the rangefinder is supposed to be accurate out to 750+ yards, I've not tried it out that far. You need to know your bullet drop at each distance, if you know that, the scope gives you a read out and tells you how many yards you are from the target. Using your bullet drop data, and the distance read out, you can pretty much hit any target you aim at.

BTW, the Burris comes with a turret that you can customize for your bullet drop, so it works with any caliber, any bullet weight. You customize the turret and you are good to go.
    a11.jpg

Top Bottom