• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Just got me a used sig brace today cheap and I love it. But that's coming from a Phase5 tube and foam pad.. And as a truck gun if SHTF it works great as a stock ;)

That's great. But remember, you probably didnt purchase it with the INTENT of shouldering it, right?
    Addd purple as necessary.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I've been looking into these. I was wondering if they were beard pullers. Man I hate that

The standard buffer tube cover looks like this.

4002b.jpg

Over it, goes a stock saddle like this.

images

I used Black automotive silicone RTV sealant to glue the stock saddle to the tube cover, along with the screws and nuts. The sealant seals all the potential gaps. 100% beard hair safe.

Note: I adapted a Mission First Tactical Stock Saddle to my buffer tube cover. Was a extra that I had, but was a PITA to adapt and install. The CAA stock saddle fits right on the cover and is an easy 5 minute install.

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    3) Some people don't want to grant the ATF potential acces to thier house.

The OP was NOT asking about NFA items, so why sell him on that???

#3 is a myth. Do some research before spreading false information. Owning an NFA item does NOT give the ATF permission to check your house whenever they want. Stop it.

And we recommend the SBR option because it's the best option if you actually want to use your rifle like it's a rifle. Crazy concept, right?

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I have SBR's and Sig braces and, IMO, the both have their place. I live near the border of KY and travel there frequently and it's very convenient to be able to take a pistol to the "odd" shooting event. That said, I have the paperwork (Form 5320.20) to take my SBR's to Knob Creek and Open Range where accidentally "shouldering" a pistol could be a bad thing. The pistols cover events on private property where not having a 5320.20 for an SBR would/could be a bad thing.

In a world without the BATFE, they'd all be SBR's, but that's not the world I live in. :twocents:

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    #3 is a myth. Do some research before spreading false information. Owning an NFA item does NOT give the ATF permission to check your house whenever they want. Stop it.

And we recommend the SBR option because it's the best option if you actually want to use your rifle like it's a rifle. Crazy concept, right?

My bad, correct info is here.
    http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/04/jeremy-s/the-truth-about-nfa-inspection/
    interresting thread and discussion here:
    https://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=6&f=17&t=320197

I'll even go back and change the original post to reflect to correct info. HOWEVER, I stand by my statement that an SBR is not the best universal answer.

I have SBR's and Sig braces and, IMO, the both have their place. I live near the border of KY and travel there frequently and it's very convenient to be able to take a pistol to the "odd" shooting event. That said, I have the paperwork (Form 5320.20) to take my SBR's to Knob Creek and Open Range where accidentally "shouldering" a pistol could be a bad thing. The pistols cover events on private property where not having a 5320.20 for an SBR would/could be a bad thing.

In a world without the BATFE, they'd all be SBR's, but that's not the world I live in. :twocents:

Ditto to the above.
    "In a world without the BATFE, they'd all be SBR's, but that's not the world I live in. :twocents:" --> EXACTLY.

Top Bottom