• ...and so much more!
  • Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I am building an AR pistol/faux SBR, with a Spikes Tactical Honey Badger lower. I just bought an Ares Armor Obama's Blaster upper (10.5" barrel, 1:7 twist, NiBor BCG, and carbine length gas system).

I was going to put on one of the KAK Industries buffer tubes for a Sig brace.

So, my questions are:

1. What's a good recommended buffer and spring to use for this type of upper. I'm looking for high reliability. I know I can buy a full setup from KAK that has the tube, brace, and carbine buffer/spring, but I don't know what the quality of those assorted parts are.

2. Recommendations on a LPK. I've seen a few package deals with a LPK that comes with a Geiselle SSA trigger for about $215:
    Super Semi Lower Parts Kit featuring Geissele SSA Trigger - Pegasus Defense
    Palmetto State Armory LPK-G

Are those a good deal?

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I used a Phase 5 pistol buffer tube kit for when I built my AR pistol with brace. I read on arfcom that the phase 5 tube is a bit larger than the KAK tube. As such it holds the pistol brace in place better and wont move around at all .... It also made it a bear to put on but corn starch helped a lot. But it has stayed where I wanted it and I would recommend it.... But I know a lot of people use the KAK so I am sure the quailty is there. I havent heard bad things about it.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Those LPK's are a good deal considering the trigger itself is $200 or more (I found them for $190 before but not this last time) and also if the other parts are what you want, grip, trigger guard and so on.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    On my 10.5" pistol I run a standard weight carbine buffer and standard spring, has been 100% since it was built.

KAK tubes are nice, mine is a touch undersized and the PSB can rotate a little, but does require force to move it. Great machine work on the tube itself though.

As for LPKs, bang for the buck, I've been impressed by CMMG, stock triggers usually fell pretty good.

Top Bottom