• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Serial Crusher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    I got an upper a couple weeks ago and have only been to the range with it a few times. It's a flat top with carbine handguards and the standard FSB. The first time I went to the range I had a carry handle on it, and it was so far right it wouldn't hit paper at 50 feet, I had to crank the windage drum pretty far left to get X ring at 50 feet. This in itself is suspicious, but it is a UTG carry handle and I figured it was a "get what you pay for" scenario. Later I got a high rise mount and a cheap-o scope for it and it was the same deal, I had to crank on the windage to make paper even at short distances. I puzzled over this for a while and eventually forgot about it until today.

One of my friends came over to rub his new LMT in my face and we got to fooling around. I pulled the scope off my rifle and put it on his and he pulled both of his rail mount sights off. I put his RSB on my rail and was thinking about how much an LMT rear sight would trick out my rifle when he started clowning around again and put his rail mount FSB on my upper. I tried to make a sight picture, and lo and behold the barrel FSB was slightly right of the rail mounted one......

My questions are: is this a common problem and is there any way I can fix it without sending it back to the manufacturer? I don't have a barrel nut wrench or any other AR specific tools. I'm going back to where I bought it to talk to them tomorrow, but I'd like to get as much info as possible, and hopefully some options on a solution.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jstan
    Top Bottom