• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • simpleman44

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    white county
    Hi all im new to ars was wondering if the drop in .22 conversion bolts r worth the money. Or would i be better off buying a .22 upper. Thanks in advance for any help.:patriot:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    $169 with 3 mags for the CMMG conversion kit, vs. a few hundred bucks (plus sights/optics and accessories) for an upper with no mags. Hmm... ;)

I bought a Ciener kit second-hand a few years ago. I've been shooting the crap out of it, and have not been disappointed.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Tested the accuracy of mine last weekend, prone unsupported rapid fire, iron sights, about a 2 inch group of 25 at 25 yards.

Completly unscientific test but, gives you an idea.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    I've got the CMMG kit as well and it runs great with Federal bulk. It also likes CCI MiniMags. I got it at the 1500 from one of the AR guru's tables that are full of parts and uppers. It was $140 with 2 mags. The mags are a little steep themselves, but you can find them a lot cheaper than the $229 plus tax Gander Mountain wants for them.

daclamdvm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    If you can wait 'til the next Indy gun show JR Parts has them for about $120 which is like way lesss than anyone else. I saw them there a week or so after spending $180, but I may yet get another if they haven't run out. I have the CMMG and like the others, have been very happy with it. Maybe a dedicated upper will shoot better, but I can't justify $400+ for a 22. Maybe if you were shooting competition. Even then I'd probably get a customized Ruger. For sheer shooting fun, its worth every penny.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    For what it's worth, here is my "review" of my Tactical Solutions 22 dedicated upper I bought at the March 1500.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general_firearms_discussion/85860-my_range_day_today_-_the_good_the_bad_and_the_ugly_lots_of_pics.html

Simply for a lack of time, I still have not got it functioning yet. All parts should be here tomorrow, and I will be back out with it Friday, with a followup to my review above.

I also have a Ceiner and I never had a bit of trouble with it, just thought I would try a dedicated.

Top Bottom