• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charlieranger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    upgrades

all good advice. shoot your basic gun- a lot. save for your optics. don't buy crap- magpul is a solid brand, for example. ask, listen and see or hold it before you buy. you have a good, solid starting point. call me @ the shop if you need direction or help- www.lockwerks.com

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    thanks for all the info guys! my best friend is cop and hes got one with magpul furniture its comfortable but im spending alot of my gun money on ammo. so im thinking a cheap-ish scope, bipod, then more mags idk much about the inside parts though like trigger groups and such. im looking to be real accurate at 200yds
    9c1a6a67.jpg

:ingo:

bowtie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    South Bend
    Op heres what I have

2012-10-10_03-57-15_282.jpg

Nothing fancy. After I bought this I went out and bought 20 pmags and a case of ammo and have shot the hell out of it with the irons to the point that my girlfriend is sick of seeing me walk out of the house with it!

Whether it be 10 ft or 100 yds I can hit it. Im almost afraid to buy an optic right now cause for one I dont know which to get and 2 Im worried I might not like it. This is my first AR.

My point is I know how you may feel. I wanted to buy a sling lights and lasers bi pod and a scope thats for 1000 yds then I asked myself why?

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    Buy some chamber brushes and use them. The t-handle section of a USGI cleaning kit is purpose-made to crank a chamber brush around.
    If you make it to a gunshow buy one of those green plastic bottles of LSA military surplus lube. It does a pretty good job.

chasinfire

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    NWI
    I picked up a flat top rock river last week. Bought the add on carry handle with iron sights, so I can shot it and save for a decent scope. This will also serve as a back up, in case I need to have the scope looked at...and nostalgia since it looks like what I shot in the Army. I plan on going to a gun show soon and buy a lot of ammo for practice.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Husband and I shot our new AR-15s over the weekend, with a friend of ours who's been around guns and reloading forever. I really enjoyed shooting the ARs, but I seem to have trouble sighting with the current set-up. Could be the 50 yr old eyes and/or the cross-dominant vision. He had a gun with a cheap red dot he said he got at Walmart, and that thing really made a difference for me! I can't afford an expensive red dot, but is there anything decent for under $100? This gun is mainly for having fun at the range, maybe later a little bit of hunting, and of course the dreaded Zombie Apocalypse.

Top Bottom