• ...and so much more!
  • padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    Lower Parts

haha I saw the thread title and immediately went to the ALG website to grab their link. Yall beat me to it!

Aim usually has the ALG ACT for $65 shipped. PSA seems to be carrying them with kits. PSA also had a NiB coated trigger group that was less cost over Labor Day. (I forget how much).

IMO- Its the best $65 you can spend on a upgrade.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    What are you going to do with this gun?

I have a couple RRA two stage NM triggers and like them for the $. These are ~4.5 lb triggers. They cost ~$150.
    I also have a Geiselle SDE. It's fantastic but almost too light of a pull for a home defense gun.
    Palmetto had a sale on their enhanced single stage triggers over the weekend. They were $34 each & I ordered a couple. They are getting really good reviews too.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I've got two of the Geissele SD-E triggers in my ARs. And I love them. The 2-stage is perfect for slow, controlled shots at distance, as it lets you pull the trigger till you hit the "wall" and hold it there while you perfect your aim on the target, and then when you put another .5lbs of pressure on the trigger your rifle shoots. For rapid fire, you don't notice the second stage as there is only a .5 pound difference. I'm am thrilled I ended up getting them.

With that being said, they are expensive. If your gun is just a fun range toy, I think the cost is well worth it. To put it in perspective, I chose to spend the $250 on the trigger and get a red dot that was $100 cheaper.

Jlburger

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    West Indy
    I finally decided. I ordered a CMC single stage 3lb. Will be here tomorrow. I'm hopping it I like it. If not I'll go back to a 2 stage just higher quality.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Spend the extra $50. It's worth it. I have a couple of "cheaper" AR triggers in my parts drawer. Once I discovered the SSA, I pulled them out and replaced them....

Late to the party, but have an SSA-E on my AR and it's fantastic... Think it's set at 2.4/1.4 pounds or something like that... Very nice, no creep, VERY crisp break.

Got me spoiled enough to pony up the extra to get a Kidd 2 stage for my 10/22 build... Don't think I could go back to single stage on a target rifle anymore...

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    That's the only problem. It starts getting pretty expensive to drop in two stage triggers in every rifle...

Late to the party, but have an SSA-E on my AR and it's fantastic... Think it's set at 2.4/1.4 pounds or something like that... Very nice, no creep, VERY crisp break.

Got me spoiled enough to pony up the extra to get a Kidd 2 stage for my 10/22 build... Don't think I could go back to single stage on a target rifle anymore...

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Is there anything special I need to know about changing out the trigger assembly?

Yes! Wear eye pro! The hammer spring is under tension and will throw the hammer out the top of the lower when you push out the pin.
    Big end of the disconnector spring goes down into the hammer.
    Pre-lube your pins. Use a small screw driver to get everything roughly aligned then push the screw driver out using the new pin.
    The hammer spring legs sit atop the trigger pin & one leg sits in the pin's groove.
    Do a function test then go shoot!

Jlburger

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    West Indy
    I wish I could have Jumped on it when they were on sale. They are back up to their normal price of $240. I've looked everywhere with no luck of finding one cheaper. I'm hopping I like the one I got but I'm guessing I'm going to prefer the two stage. We'll see.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    If it is a crisp break (doesn't creep) and 3 to 4 pounds pull, that's about as good as it gets unless you are a smith or willing to spend a lot more money. I've got an SSA-E that I like a lot, but in situations requiring relatively rapid fire, it really isn't necessary. An AR really is a combat weapon, not a benchrest rifle.

Jlburger

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    West Indy
    As far is it being a combat weapon does make sense. But I typically shoot 100-200 yards with eotech 3x magnifier. I'm thinking the SSA-E would be the best option. I read some articles and guys said a good 2 stage trigger you can still pull through quick enough to acheve rapid fire shooting.
    If it is a crisp break (doesn't creep) and 3 to 4 pounds pull, that's about as good as it gets unless you are a smith or willing to spend a lot more money. I've got an SSA-E that I like a lot, but in situations requiring relatively rapid fire, it really isn't necessary. An AR really is a combat weapon, not a benchrest rifle.

Jlburger

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    West Indy
    I think I'll just return the CMC and spent the extra $70 for a SSA-E. Thought maybe I could find a used one but doesn't look like many people are getting rid of these. Probably a good sign.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    You won't regret it! I bought an SSA due to knowing what I was getting, but upon feeling a buddies SSA-E it really does have a very nice break if you are good with it being just a touch lighter. Depends on purpose, but nothing to worry about I wouldn't say... I will say again though, I don't think you'll regret buying a Geissele trigger!

Top Bottom