• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Speaking of optics, put Leupold on my LWRCI M6 today and got it zero'd. I like this I can co-witness BUIS if I need to. I had the rear sights up, think it helped me focus at longer ranges.

83949033_10221696418185338_1339864221067771904_o.jpg

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Not sure I'm a fan of a scout scope on an AR. I like scout rifles, but the practicality of them is pretty diminished more a curiosity.

The forward optic allows the shooter unblocked access to the greatest evil of the AR-15 that the shooter has--the charging handle. Also allows BUIS to co-witness with optic. The forward optic greatly assists me with lateral targets but I have trigger time on scouts and quasi-scouts.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    The forward optic allows the shooter unblocked access to the greatest evil of the AR-15 that the shooter has--the charging handle. Also allows BUIS to co-witness with optic. The forward optic greatly assists me with lateral targets but I have trigger time on scouts and quasi-scouts.

I just don't like the eye box of a scout optic. Off axis unstable shots seem like they would be difficult. A true 1x in a qd replaces irons, and in the extreme case of the optic being destroyed 2 clips 2 flips removes the optic and deploys buis. I like scout rifles, but I like them as a novelty (until they ban semi autos). It's s fun use of a monolithic upper though.

dbg326

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2018
    Wells, ME
    Apparently my lower (and the rest of the goodies from Aero) arrived to my LGS this morning! If I actually get up at a reasonable hour (GF may coerce me promises of coffee and homemade corned beef hash from our favorite diner), then I should have everything I need to piece together the new build!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    My Aero 308 build is complete, other than waiting on the scope and mount, which won't be here for another month or more.

20200209_122710.jpg

Banbuddy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Here's a pew pew I put together

20190927_153807.jpg

Spikes lower, BCM upper, Wilson Barrel. Chambered in 6.8SPC II, used it deer hunting in Kentucky last year and took at buck at 75 yards. DRT. Nice and light, about 6lbs unloaded w/magazine.

Wanderer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2012
    Bloomington
    Scope is actually intended for a 6.5 Grendel Robinson XCR I hope to purchase later this year, but for the time being it does look nice on my L-dub.

On4iJpM.jpg

And this time with the Scalarworks mount for the K16i:

lFyAIM0.jpg

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom