Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    DSC00869.jpg

DSC00868.jpg

Your paint job is BA! Colors? Process? I haven't seen one that looks quite like that before!

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    Your paint job is BA! Colors? Process? I haven't seen one that looks quite like that before!

Thanks, it's my homegrown verison of A-TACS. It's two colors, (rustoleum camo rattle can) Flat Brown and Flat Tan. Started with a complete base coat of brown, layered tan and brown on top of that using the edges of leaves as 'stencils' to break up the colors. I just kept layering the tan and the brown until I achieved the look I was going for. I painted all the parts seperate, then assembled the rifle, and then finally added a couple more layers of tan and brown on top of that.

New paint looks great :yesway:

Thanks Mike! :rockwoot:

Last edited:

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    You are correct, it's a NF 1-4x24. I love it. I still want to change out the rings for a LaRue SPR or a Burris P.E.P.R mount.

Thanks, it's my homegrown verison of A-TACS. It's two colors, (rustoleum camo rattle can) Flat Brown and Flat Tan. Started with a complete base coat of brown, layered tan and brown on top of that using the edges of leaves as 'stencils' to break up the colors. I just kept layering the tan and the brown until I achieved the look I was going for. I painted all the parts seperate, then assembled the rifle, and then finally added a couple more layers of tan and brown on top of that.

Thanks Mike! :rockwoot:

I had a Burris PEPR on a 1-4 scope a while back. Not a bad mount, but the mounting didn't seem as good as I expected. Seems like for a nice NF, a LaRue mount would be in order, and the QD's make it that much more attractive.

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    I had a Burris PEPR on a 1-4 scope a while back. Not a bad mount, but the mounting didn't seem as good as I expected. Seems like for a nice NF, a LaRue mount would be in order, and the QD's make it that much more attractive.

I keep leaning toward the LaRue SPR mount. I have read good stuff about the P.E.P.R. mount, but I keep going back to the LaRue. I really need more height on my glass, want QD capability, and the added height will allow for remounting of my rear BUIS.

devious169

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Earth and you?
    corydon indiana

hey guys and gals im trying to build an ar any info would be greatly appreciated thinking about 6.8 spc but i want to build a highly accurate rifle :patriot:

ratpack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2010
    just North of border
    Black Gun

Man I want one of these"Black Guns" in a horrible way! Or better yet a black gun in camo. Remington R15, they seem to be pricey, is that factory camo job really worth $3-400?

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Man I want one of these"Black Guns" in a horrible way! Or better yet a black gun in camo. Remington R15, they seem to be pricey, is that factory camo job really worth $3-400?

Keep an eye out for special pricing on some blems then have it hydro dipped in a camo pattern. I've shot a customized Remington like you mentioned and while it functioned just fine, a custom dipped gun with a unique look would be teets!

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    .204 Ruger

DSC00901.jpg

DSC00900.jpg

The Stats: (for now)
    RRA Upper
    RRA UPK
    RRA Lower
    RRA LPK
    RRA NM Trigger
    RRA BCG
    PRI Gas Buster
    KAC Rail
    KAC Bipod Adapter
    Harris Bipod
    24" DPMS Barrel
    Troy Gas Block
    DPMS Rifle Length Gas Tube
    B&L 10x MilDot

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    IMAG0094.jpg

Bushmaster 24" Varminter. Added a Leupold Mark AR mounted in a Larue SPR mount w/ Butler Creek caps. Also added a Timney 3# trigger, Tubb grip, Harris Bipod and 20 round PMAG. Hopefully this puppy is accurate.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom