• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    For those not on the Get Off The X forum I though I would cross post this.
    Better pics and AAR is over their though.

Britton, Wetsu, and myself met up with some NW IN guys and one IL guy for some training this last weekend.

We arrived about an hour after dark and rucked our way across a creek through some thick ass briar's and a bog to our camp site. Most of us traveled very light, Hammock and Gortex Bivy, Ground pad and Bivy etc. Medium Alice packs. The guys on the ground piled up straw and grass as an insulator. We built a good fire and had some adult beverages and a mix of MRE's and Mountain House food, before we hit the rack.

Well it got down to freezing at night, and a few of us were cold. Some time by the fire and hot water fixed that.

Camp coffee, MRE's, and mountain house eggs for breakfast. Steripen and cold creek water kept me hydrated.

After breaking camp, and a saftey briefing we started shooting at about 9:00.

We did a bunch of 4 man bailout drills and peel backs. Then we through in a random downed operator and some smoke. An injured Wetsu, got dragged off the field over a pile of scrap lumber. Britton picked me up like Sasquatch and dragged me off (even though I could limp off)

Mistakes were made. Their were lulls in cover fire, weak coms, etc. Overall we did pretty good.

For the most part the equipment ran like it should.

Here is some video I took. Better pics on the other forum. Password is GOTX

Jeff Lewis Photography- powered by SmugMug

Last edited:
    Top Bottom