• ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    So . . .

What if you post the sign, then give a grace period when you're not enforcing it, but because it's not enforced right away, no one thinks it will every be enforced?

That could get worse than just enforcing immediately the first time you have a car towed after not towing any of them for a time period while the sign is visible.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    What about people parked there who proudly display the glorious INGO sticker on their car?
    Surely you wont have their car towed. :dunno:

It could even be a mod. :faint:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    What if you post the sign, then give a grace period when you're not enforcing it, but because it's not enforced right away, no one thinks it will every be enforced?

That could get worse than just enforcing immediately the first time you have a car towed after not towing any of them for a time period while the sign is visible.

Look, Mr. Helper, doesn't a police department need you at budget time with your inane scenarios?

"We need a tank because veterans in Morgan County will unite with Godzilla who knows Wing Chun and attack the courthouse in Martinsville, so we need black pants and a tank and a pony and a . . . "

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    1. Liability to persons injured while in the parking lot.

2. Trash, broken beer bottles and "schooners", and half eaten food left behind by illegal parkers.

3. People passed out in the parking lot from excessive alcohol consumption.

4. Damage to motor vehicles of tenants and clients caused by the illegal parkers.

Not upset, just tired of the trash, broken glass and disregard of property rights.

What liability..... I stepped in a "hole" at work, was off for a week, and lost my job due to missing too much time from work, and the attorney,told me,I didn't have a case .....

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Look, Mr. Helper, doesn't a police department need you at budget time with your inane scenarios?

"We need a tank because veterans in Morgan County will unite with Godzilla who knows Wing Chun and attack the courthouse in Martinsville, so we need black pants and a tank and a pony and a . . . "

Excuse me, sir. Your comments are invalidated by technical inaccuracy. Everyone knows that Godzilla practices Hop Gar gung fu, not Wing Chun. <scoff>

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Because the lawyer is polling the jury pool and does not want to lose good will with the community. Reasonableness depends on what others think is reasonable.

Your input would be very helpful to us, horn.

It's an office building full of lawyers and accountants. You have no idea how much snooty-brand scotch can be consumed.:D

Kirk,

I think some time should pass and that predatory towing is not being encouraged. I once parked in the Levee right in front of a sign that said; "no movie parking". I read that, said to my wife; "we are not going to the movie so I guess it's okay". When I came out, the car was gone. Later after doing some "detective" work I discovered that I was towed within 7 minutes of me leaving the car. When I returned 30 minutes later, I was able to catch a ride with the tow truck driver back to get my car. I was nice, but I let the lady that owns the property and each business there that I would not be shopping there anymore. And I did not go back for over 3 years. I called the major and with my complaint plus numerous others, they moved towards not allowing predatory towing.

For me, I would like a couple hours and when I return it would be fine to have one of those stickers that are hard to remove stuck on my window warning me that I am illegally parked and that I will be subject to towing. As far as overnight, I would post, if you can, that all cars on the lot after a certain time will be towed. No overnight parking.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yeah, I had a similar issue down in B'town Greg. I was driving my personal car doing an install at a private apartment building that had just been built. Came out to get a tool from my trunk and car was gone. As I was on the phone with the tow company being told they didnt have my car a resident said "hey, was it a little blue car? Because the truck is sitting in the alley with it."

I was able to flag down the driver and he was apologetic and offered to take it back. I just had him drop it so I could drive the half a block and park again.

I wasnt worried about being towed because I was told they werent supposed to start towing for another 3 weeks. :xmad:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    No one passed out in the parking lot Friday AM. No broken glass, bottles or cans in the landscaping. So far so good.

I have had a couple of attempted trespassers tell me that other businesses downtown told them that they could use our parking lot. *sigh*

So far the signs are working. We shall see what the weekend brings.

I think some time should pass and that predatory towing is not being encouraged.

The Levee parking brewhaha/debacle is what I am hoping to avoid and am hesitant to actually call to tow right away.

I just want to be a barking dog, not a wolf*/predator.

*in Southern Indiana, read this as "woof"

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    No one passed out in the parking lot Friday AM. No broken glass, bottles or cans in the landscaping. So far so good.

I have had a couple of attempted trespassers tell me that other businesses downtown told them that they could use our parking lot. *sigh*

So far the signs are working. We shall see what the weekend brings.

The Levee parking brewhaha/debacle is what I am hoping to avoid and am hesitant to actually call to tow right away.

I just want to be a barking dog, not a wolf*/predator.

Sounds like educating your neighbors is in order.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    ...I just want to be a barking dog, not a wolf*/predator.

I resemble that remark. You flatlanders have no appreciation for our creative pronunciations. Anyone can read a dictionary and follow rigid rules for the "accepted" pronunciation. Our dialect has more creative flair. :)

Top Bottom