• ...and so much more!
  • Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Has anyone gone through the trademark application process? And if so, did you use an attorney? Considering starting a business and trademarking my business/product name and logo.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    I once looked into trademarking some items for my wife's then-business. I learned just enough about it to realize that it was something that I was not going to try to navigate on my own.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You should use an attorney.

Lawyers be lawyerin'.

giphy.gif

;)

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I'm not sure why I would need an attorney. It seems pretty cut and dried. Do a search to see if the name or anything similar is being used. If not, fill out the application, pay the money, and done. Am I missing something? Help me out here.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm not sure why I would need an attorney. It seems pretty cut and dried. Do a search to see if the name or anything similar is being used. If not, fill out the application, pay the money, and done. Am I missing something? Help me out here.

I don't think "reserving" your business' name is the same process as an actual trademark. DoggyMama and I very briefly started a lawn care business and went through the process that it sounds like you're describing. I think trademark/copyright law is a different animal.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I don't think "reserving" your business' name is the same process as an actual trademark. DoggyMama and I very briefly started a lawn care business and went through the process that it sounds like you're describing. I think trademark/copyright law is a different animal.

I'm not talking about an LLC. I can do that also. I'm talking about trademarking the name and logo of my product line.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm not talking about an LLC. I can do that also. I'm talking about trademarking the name and logo of my product line.

Oh okay, we didn't go into any of that, so maybe an attorney might be the way to go. I've heard of Legal Zoom as Piobair mentioned but I'm not really familiar with them.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    What can seem rather simple often just ain't so when talking legalize. Tis good to at least consult with an attorney IF you foresee any problems/challenges with the trademark.

Lawyers can foresee landmines that are otherwise hidden to the unindoctrinated.

Good luck.

Regards,

Doug

Top Bottom