• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    My brother and I were thinking about participating in an Appleseed Event in North Carolina during the summer. We are decent at shooting, but nowhere as good as we would like to be. We were just wondering does an Appleseed event just teach the four rules and basic marksmanship skills or is it actually worth the time and money to go through the event. My other question is does anyone in Indiana offer a course similar to an Appleseed Event. Thanks

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    There are Appleseeds all over the state. It is the best training and history lesson you can get. I have participated in shooting courses that cost 10 times as much that did not teach as much.

spitfire51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    It is absolutely worth it to go to an event. We have events all over Indiana as well as the rest of the country. We teach fundamentals of rifle marksmanship, prone, standing, and seated/kneeling positions, use of a sling, and much more. We also teach the history of April 19, 1775, the day the Revolutionary War started. Come join us sometime soon, you won't be disappointed.

Side note: we don't teach the "standard" four rules of safety, we do have our own four rules for our events that are similar but have a couple differences.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You don't realize how much better you can be till you go and learn.

Seriously. Go. Listen. Learn. Practice. Get your patch. :bacondance:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Do it. DO IT. You will not find a better class for the money. It's $75 for TWO DAYS of training and history! DO IT RIGHT NOW!

Also, Indiana is one of the most active Appleseed states. If you can't find one near you, then you're not looking hard enough.

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    Every Appleseed everywhere is pretty much the same. The consistency and professionalism is beyond pale. IN has several instructors with great reputations.

But, for the Holy Grail of an Appleseed experience go to an Appleseed in Ramseur, NC. Even better go to a Rifleman Boot Camp there. You will never forget that vacation.

Hosted

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Albion
    I was thinking about going to the Ossian one in February but I thought I had another box of 22lr ammo. I only have about 200 rounds right now so I'm going to try to go if I can find another brick without paying an arm and a leg.

Top Bottom