• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    We have and Appleseed Staff Social Group, but how about an Appleseeder group? I'm never sure who all on INGO has been to a seed and I think this would help build community (as well as help our clown bat press gangs focus their recruiting).

So, is this cool with you guys?
    or
    Do we already have something like this and no one has told me about it because nobody wants me to join because I'm not cool enough and now I'm going to go cry in the locker room?

lucky4034

Master
    Jan 14, 2012
    I've never been to one, but I just picked up a 10/22 partially for this very purpose. Hopefully we get some dates for us Northerners soon.

I can't wait to attend :D

EDIT: Just seen that they have a bunch of dates for Rochester

Last edited:

Pitmaster

Expert
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    I've never been to one, but I just picked up a 10/22 partially for this very purpose. Hopefully we get some dates for us Northerners soon.

We will be hosting one at Bend of the River Conservation Club in Niles, MI on July 7-8. Final details are being worked out and registrations should be available around March 1.

henktermaat

Master
    Jan 3, 2009
    I hope to get my patch this year. I've been two times and not able to get it (facepalm)

If y'all will have me in the group, I'd like to join.

yellowhousejake

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    May 25, 2009
    Greenfield

Then sign up why doncha? I just CANCELLED an event at Rochester for this weekend because of zero signups. :(

None
    Nada
    Zilch
    Zero

Ossian is a few weeks away, a great range, KD, hot meals. Please don't make me cancel that one as well.

Appleseed - Search States

We want to be in Northern Indiana, but I only have so many instructors and Shoot Bosses to go around. Southern Indiana fills lines, I need Northern Indiana to fill the lines as well.

YHJ

yellowhousejake

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    May 25, 2009
    Greenfield
    mudcat shoots his bolt gun all the time and he always rocks it out.

I did a 231 with mixed lot ammo and a $90 Mossburg Plinkster Bolt Rifle last weekend at Bedford.

A bolt action is not a handicap, if it will run all weekend and shoot 4 MOA, you can score 210 with it. Equipment matters little at an Appleseed.

(Hint, I have not seen a reasonable 22 that can't group 4 MOA, and I have seen a LOT of 22 rifles on the line.)

YHJ

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I'm going at Hamilton County in May. The only .22 I have is a bolt Marlin 25. This will be interesting.

If you don't want to run the bolt gun let me know. I have a couple of Marlin 795 loaners. Even if I can't work the shoot, I'm sure I work something out with whoever does to have it there for you.

philagothon

Sharpshooter
    Jul 25, 2010
    On the 7th step
    I'm going at Hamilton County in May. The only .22 I have is a bolt Marlin 25. This will be interesting.

I used a Savage bolt action at my first Appleseed and managed to shoot Rifleman. The rifle was plenty fast enough as I was usually the first or second shooter to complete a course of fire. If you are comfortable with your rifle, it will not be the bolt action that holds you back. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Top Bottom