• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Yep, you heard right. Appleseed will be doing Full Distance AQTs at Camp Atterbury on Sunday, April 17th for Patriot's Day weekend! :rockwoot:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

FULL Distance AQTs at Camp Atterbury on Patriot's Day Weekend

Sign up for both days on April 16th and 17th, and you can take your centerfire to Atterbury on Sunday and shoot AQTs at full distance. Camp Atterbury is an active training facility so there are a few caveats:

- Attendees must not carry side arms or have sidearms in their possession.
    - All attendees must send their name, date of birth, and address to IN@Appleseedinfo.org one week in advance to participate. Information will be provided to security at the main gate.
    - Attendees must sign up for two days, April 16th and 17th 2011, and must attend the Saturday event prior to attending Sunday at Atterbury. No requirement on which Saturday event they attend.
    - There is a limit to the number of vehicles on the range line. Participants must be prepared to carry their rifle, mat, and ammunition when needed.
    - This is a active military installation and military training takes precedence over all other activities. This event can be canceled as late as April 15th at 2pm. Local SBs will know Saturday morning if the event is canceled.
 A alternate date of May 22nd 2011 has been scheduled.
    - Bacon provided for Riflemen...

This will be a trial run, and if successful, we will see more full distance shoots on the Atterbury range. Let's fill the lines across Indiana and let all shooters know they can finally stretch the legs on the centerfire rifle.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

So where are YOU gonna be on April 16th? 'Cause I know you'll all be at Atterbury on Sunday, right? :):

:patriot:

Sweetums

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lake County
    I want to go! I hit the "sign up here" link and I didn't see it on the schedule. How do I go about this? Do I just send an email, or do I need to register/pay through the website as well?

Thanks!!!

Sweetums

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lake County
    Oh..and for centerfire on Sunday... Is that one more relaxed? As in, would I be ok with a bolt action, or do I need a magazine fed semi auto to keep up?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I want to go! I hit the "sign up here" link and I didn't see it on the schedule. How do I go about this? Do I just send an email, or do I need to register/pay through the website as well?

Thanks!!!

Register for one of the Indiana events that weekend and then just send your info in an email at least one week prior. You're just opting to do Sunday at Atterbury rather than returning to the same event you attend on Saturday.

Oh..and for centerfire on Sunday... Is that one more relaxed? As in, would I be ok with a bolt action, or do I need a magazine fed semi auto to keep up?

Not more relaxed. The AQT is run with the exact same course of fire and time limits at full distance.

What one needs in order to keep up is completely dependent on the individual shooter.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Here's a picture of the targets:
    IMAG0013.jpg

Makes me wanna go pull out my AR. :ar15:

So, who's coming?!

Mog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    No gas gun can hope to keep up with a scared bolt gunner. :):

Register for one of the Indiana events that weekend and then just send your info in an email at least one week prior. You're just opting to do Sunday at Atterbury rather than returning to the same event you attend on Saturday.

Not more relaxed. The AQT is run with the exact same course of fire and time limits at full distance.

What one needs in order to keep up is completely dependent on the individual shooter.

J10

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Morgan County
    So i just sign up for an event somewhere close to me on one of the Saturdays prior to the April 18th Sunday event? Then attend the Saturday event and the 18th Sunday event?

Make sure i am reading this right :)

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    So i just sign up for an event somewhere close to me on one of the Saturdays prior to the April 18th Sunday event? Then attend the Saturday event and the 18th Sunday event?

Make sure i am reading this right :)

1. Sign up for an April 16-17 weekend close to you. Any location. Sign up for the whole weekend.
    2. Send an email to IN@appleseedinfo.org with your full name, address, DOB so the gate has your info at least one week before the event.
    3. Go Saturday to the event you registered for. Zero your centerfire, learn lots, shoot lots.
    4. Go Sunday to Camp Atterbury. Learn more, shoot more - but shoot farther. :rockwoot:

Note: If you sign up for the 1-day in Indianapolis on Saturday, though, then you will need to register for Atterbury for Sunday as well.

Let me know if that doesn't make sense, and I'll try again. ;)

Mog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You need something that can "reach out and touch" at up to 500 yards, that can handle the same rapid fire requirements for the short line Appleseeds. Cetner fire, .30 cal and under. We (our request for the range for the weekend) CANNOT accommodate .50's-- they require additional clearance/air space.

If you're not sure and would like to try your rifle at longer range, CIHPRS has an early shoot on April 3 at 600 yards. It's all prone slow fire, 3 strings of fire (20 rounds plus sighters each, total of 60 rounds plus sighters) on Sunday April 3. Any rifle (.30 cal and under), any sight (irons, scopes, etc). F-class (scope and bipod) welcome as well as position shooters (sling). This qualifies for NRA Midrange Classification if you choose to submit scores for classification. Info listed on the CIHPRS website CIHPRS Home. (site under construction! Please be patient! :) If interested I need name, address and birthdate for the gate roster NO LESS THAN ONE WEEK PRIOR. suemogle@yahoo.com or pm me-- Mog.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I would love to go, but I can not make it to the Nashville event. I do not have time to make any others.

You don't need to attend an event before the April 16-17 weekend. You only need to be able to attend both Saturday and Sunday for that weekend. Saturday anywhere in the state (Atlanta, Bedford - which has only 1 spot left, Cloverdale, Indianapolis, or Wabash) and then Atterbury on Sunday.

But if April 16-17 doesn't work for you, we do hope to be at Atterbury again - we'd like this to be the first of many. :rockwoot:However, it's always nice to be a part of the inaugural group. ;) We'll be in Nashville again this year, too, so hopefully we'll see you on the line sometime!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    evolevo
    Top Bottom