• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    The biggest motivating factor in switching from my current appendix carry holster to something new is finding a holster that holds / presses the bottom third of the grip in more tightly against my body. I am open to any suggestions on making this happen. I would darn near be printless (if that is even a word haha) if this part of the grip did not stick out. That being said, I really want to continue carrying my G19 rather than moving to a G26.

To me, the Raven ACR looks like it may be constructed with this goal in mind. Thoughts?

Why do you favor the Archangel over the ACR?

My new archangel has a "butt tuck adapter" which helps keep the butt of my pistol tight to my body. It works quite well without compromising comfort.

Justin727

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Bargersville
    Another major concern of mine is ride height. I want to be able to get a full purchase on the grip without having to jam my fingers down behind my belt/waistline.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    My new archangel has a "butt tuck adapter" which helps keep the butt of my pistol tight to my body. It works quite well without compromising comfort.
    Is that the piece that your belt goes behind on the grip side of the holster? If so I have been wanting to try one of those... It's not always an issue for me, but when it is I wish I had one!

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Pics below, as promised. That bulge on the inside/left side keeps the gun at an angle that keeps it more against me and makes it print less. It's a VERY comfy holster, very good quality, attention to detail... I'm very impressed.

2015-02-20%2012.01.24.jpg

2015-02-20%2012.01.46.jpg

2015-02-20%2012.01.59.jpg

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Ok I really like that. I may have to contact Henry Holsters now.....

What's your opinion on the one strut? I haven't formed an opinion yet on those.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Have to think about it, I'm probably about the same. 1911, railed 1911, G17, G19, G19 with light, Shield... is that it? Maybe that's it. Not sure. I haven't really dug into the bottomless backpack o' holsters for a while.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I had planned on ordering a 5th Archangel holster, but for a lefty. More for a backup holster for my left side. I'm not cool enough to AIWB 2 guns, but I AM cool enough to have a lefty back up holster :D

I'll have to think about this, either order another archangel, or try a Henry.....

GTM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    Bloomington +/- 20 miles
    I've got the single-strut version, G17 length, for my G26 and G19. I had him make it to ride lower than his normal ride-height. The "bump" does help tuck the grip in vertically, but I'm not sure it tucks the butt in as well as my JM Custom AIWB holster. However, AMHenry's holster is very thin and adds no additional bulge at the belt-line versus my JM Custom AIWB holster. I think the combination of the G17 length, low ride and single strut are what causes it to shift around some. Since I live about 20 minutes from him, I'm considering emailing him to see if I can stop by his shop and have him modify it a little bit. He's a great guy with a quality product. This holster is my "go to" holster nearly all of the time. It's replaced my VG2 for most situations (although I still use the VG2 when the tuckable feature is needed, since the VG2 is so minimal).

I haven't used an Archangel, but I have used the PerSec SPEAR, RCS ACR, RCS VG2, and the JM Custom AIWB holster. The AMHenry is my current favorite.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Now I'm thinking about buying a Henry... If you guys decide you want to come off any of those archangels you have let me know!

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Is that the piece that your belt goes behind on the grip side of the holster? If so I have been wanting to try one of those... It's not always an issue for me, but when it is I wish I had one!

If I understand you right, yes. I received mine for the VP9 a few days ago and am really liking it. I believe it will allow me to conceal a full size grip much better than before. A G19 was the best I could do before.

Top Bottom