Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Monroe County
    My archangel is on the way! :woot:

Congrats. Keep us posted.

-------------------------------

I added a clip to my cry havok gear holster. Didn't really like the strut/softloop that much. This clip is much better and the gun can be worn anywhere around the body very easily. Just as comfortable at 4oclock as it is at 1. Cry havok makes great stuff.

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    I have used a cheapo Uncle Mikes for appendix carrying my 5" 1911A1. The soft suedish material is VERY comfortable. I'm 5'6'' 130lbs and concealment is not that hard.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Here's my Archangel in OD green. I tried it on last night. Once I found my sweet spot (about the 1 o'clock position) it was very comfy. It conceals pretty well with just a tshirt on as well. I'm very happy with the purchase. Thanks for the advice.

6553E071-746F-4440-B2AE-1167D171DEBE_zpsrqx06zqs.jpg

Last edited:

Justin727

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Bargersville
    Does any one know of a retailer that carries the Bravo Concealment DOS, Haley Strategic INCOG, and/or Raven Concealment ACR? I would really like to get my hands on these before making a purchase.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Does any one know of a retailer that carries the Bravo Concealment DOS, Haley Strategic INCOG, and/or Raven Concealment ACR? I would really like to get my hands on these before making a purchase.

I don't think you could find them in a store.

Out of the 3, I recommend Raven Concealment. It's the better out of the 3.

But, I will say the Archangel is much better than the Raven ACR.

Justin727

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Bargersville
    I don't think you could find them in a store.

Out of the 3, I recommend Raven Concealment. It's the better out of the 3.

But, I will say the Archangel is much better than the Raven ACR.

The biggest motivating factor in switching from my current appendix carry holster to something new is finding a holster that holds / presses the bottom third of the grip in more tightly against my body. I am open to any suggestions on making this happen. I would darn near be printless (if that is even a word haha) if this part of the grip did not stick out. That being said, I really want to continue carrying my G19 rather than moving to a G26.

To me, the Raven ACR looks like it may be constructed with this goal in mind. Thoughts?

Why do you favor the Archangel over the ACR?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    The ACR isn't as comfortable as the Archangel. At least for me anyway.

With the Archangel, I can easily conceal my Glock 19, and in the summer the tshirts I wear fit between snug and loose.

Justin727

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Bargersville
    The ACR isn't as comfortable as the Archangel. At least for me anyway.

With the Archangel, I can easily conceal my Glock 19, and in the summer the tshirts I wear fit between snug and loose.

Does it hold the full length of the grip close to the body? Or does the bottom third or so of the grip stick out?

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Here's an AIWB I made recently for a 19, half sweat guard, but didn't take any pictures with it on prior to sending it out. As far as appendix goes, I think the more simple the better. Angling the front loop helps to pull the butt of the gun in and allows you to better space around belt loops.

34rzif5.jpg

2v2y441.jpg

2zz3zol.jpg

Justin727

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Bargersville
    Here's an AIWB I made recently for a 19, half sweat guard, but didn't take any pictures with it on prior to sending it out. As far as appendix goes, I think the more simple the better. Angling the front loop helps to pull the butt of the gun in and allows you to better

What would it cost to have one of these made? Where are you located?

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    The biggest motivating factor in switching from my current appendix carry holster to something new is finding a holster that holds / presses the bottom third of the grip in more tightly against my body. I am open to any suggestions on making this happen. I would darn near be printless (if that is even a word haha) if this part of the grip did not stick out. That being said, I really want to continue carrying my G19 rather than moving to a G26.

To me, the Raven ACR looks like it may be constructed with this goal in mind. Thoughts?

Why do you favor the Archangel over the ACR?

Contact Henry Holsters here on this forum. He builds his with a bump at the bottom specifically for this purpose. I was a huge archangel fanboy, and still think it's a great holster, but I prefer my Henry holsters now. The best AIWB setup I've found. I also have ACRs, and don't like them much. Don't like the struts, and don't like the way they try to keep the gun from moving the way I think it needs to for AIWB.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Just started carrying this way and I'm convinced it's just for skinny guys. My dunlop doesn't seem to like it when I sit.

:lmfao: I've been called a lot of things, but skinny has never been one of them. Wear pants that fit and a decent gun belt and you won't have any issues. If you're wearing your pants under your gut and pretending that is your waist, AIWB likely won't work for you.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Contact Henry Holsters here on this forum. He builds his with a bump at the bottom specifically for this purpose. I was a huge archangel fanboy, and still think it's a great holster, but I prefer my Henry holsters now. The best AIWB setup I've found. I also have ACRs, and don't like them much. Don't like the struts, and don't like the way they try to keep the gun from moving the way I think it needs to for AIWB.

Got a picture of the Henry holster?

Top Bottom