• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    WOW! Just wow. I forgot how epic this movie is and just how detailed the footage is.

@Haven and I saw this in the theater when it was released. It was impressive on the big screen with the subwoofers during launch.

I finally bought a new TV. The first in 12 years or so. Saw one on sale and the wife has been nagging me for a new TV for a bit. We figured since the pre-super bowl sales had started, now was the time.

Last one was bought at HH Gregg along with a Wii after the Wii had been out for several years. I think it was the year the WiiU was released. Anyway... Its also my first 4k. I splurged a tiny bit and bought a nice UHD Samsung 50 inch. I REALLY wanted the 109" :faint: I saw at MicroCenter for $6,000 but it was barely out of my budget by about $5,500. :):

So to break in the TV, I decided to watch the copy of Apollo 11 I got for Christmas with Mrs Monkey as the first 4k movie. We've been buying the combo BR/DVD movies for years as a hedge, but never bothered to watch any BRs because my TV wasnt that great.

I had it on my Amazon list. I added it years ago when it first came out but never bought it for myself. When they looked for gift ideas my 17yo thought it was a good idea.

Anyway back to the movie. Apparently NASA filmed it in what they would consider HD at the time; 65mm film. A wee bit more detail than the prevailing 8mm and 35mm film of the day. These guys digitized the original 65mm film in 16K resolution to make this feature length documentary on the mission. If you are into space, you'll LOVE it.

And dont rent and stream it. Dont buy it on DVD. Buy it on Blu Ray. Anything else wont do it justice. The detail is incredible. Its like the mission was filmed yesterday. Its incredible.

Trailer

Tech behind the scenes

Last edited:
    Top Bottom