Anyone work for Republic "Services" or know someone who does?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I would really like to find a phone number for someone at Republic "Services" outside of their typical call center people. I thought Comcast was a crappy company to deal with, Republic is turning out to be worse by far.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    I recently moved, and had Republic at my old address because it was the only service provider in my area. New address I could choose between Rays or Republic. Figured I had no complaints at my old address with Republic, so I would stick with them.

It was the most frustrating experience with them at the new address. Signed up to have my containers delivered, a recycle and regular waste. The day arrived and only the recycle showed up. So I called them the next day, and they said "Sorry, we will get a container out to you tomorrow. I will expedite the delivery"

I was happy with that response, as I understand mix ups happen, so long as you fix it quickly. Well, the next day came and went, and nothing arrived. I called the next day while at work, explained what happened, and the employee said she would look into it. Sat on hold for about 5 minutes, and she came back to say that there was a truck already enroute to my address to make the delivery. Perfect. I was happy with that.

Came home and found no container. I was pissed. Called the next business day, which was after having to wait through the weekend. Spoke to a "supervisor" who explained they simply don't have any containers in inventory and couldn't deliver any until another shipment came in from overseas. But that I could leave my bagged trash at the curb and they would pick it up until a container could be delivered. Whatever. I was pissed, but didn't feel like trying my luck with Rays (though I probably should have).

Like 3 weeks later, my container randomly showed up one day. I had never been so happy over trash. Filled the thing and sat it on the curb the night before trash day. Guess what, I hadn't been added to their route yet, and they never came. I called the next day to report a missed pick up. Customer service was apologetic and friendly, said they would send the truck tomorrow. Tomorrow came, but trash truck never did. Called back and got the same promise. Trash truck never came until the next regular pick up day.

Basically, I learned there customer service will be very friendly and tell you exactly what you want to hear. But the promises are never fulfilled. Not sure if it's the customer service employees, or at the local facilities where the actual work is done. Either way, Republic Services sucks. I decided to let it all go for the sake of my own stress. I yell at enough people each day at work, that I really get tired of it.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Their pricing is a joke too. Although I am not sure if any of their competitors are any better. It is the only service I have had where I have to call periodically and get my rates lowered.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Is this just a rural thing? I think we have Republic but it's through the city or county, so we never deal directly with them. I'm surprised that the county doesn't have a set contractor to handle particular areas. I've never had any issues, and it's paid for via my property taxes (I think). I know I've never had any kind of contract with them.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I recently moved, and had Republic at my old address because it was the only service provider in my area. New address I could choose between Rays or Republic. Figured I had no complaints at my old address with Republic, so I would stick with them.

It was the most frustrating experience with them at the new address. Signed up to have my containers delivered, a recycle and regular waste. The day arrived and only the recycle showed up. So I called them the next day, and they said "Sorry, we will get a container out to you tomorrow. I will expedite the delivery"

I was happy with that response, as I understand mix ups happen, so long as you fix it quickly. Well, the next day came and went, and nothing arrived. I called the next day while at work, explained what happened, and the employee said she would look into it. Sat on hold for about 5 minutes, and she came back to say that there was a truck already enroute to my address to make the delivery. Perfect. I was happy with that.

Came home and found no container. I was pissed. Called the next business day, which was after having to wait through the weekend. Spoke to a "supervisor" who explained they simply don't have any containers in inventory and couldn't deliver any until another shipment came in from overseas. But that I could leave my bagged trash at the curb and they would pick it up until a container could be delivered. Whatever. I was pissed, but didn't feel like trying my luck with Rays (though I probably should have).

Like 3 weeks later, my container randomly showed up one day. I had never been so happy over trash. Filled the thing and sat it on the curb the night before trash day. Guess what, I hadn't been added to their route yet, and they never came. I called the next day to report a missed pick up. Customer service was apologetic and friendly, said they would send the truck tomorrow. Tomorrow came, but trash truck never did. Called back and got the same promise. Trash truck never came until the next regular pick up day.

Basically, I learned there customer service will be very friendly and tell you exactly what you want to hear. But the promises are never fulfilled. Not sure if it's the customer service employees, or at the local facilities where the actual work is done. Either way, Republic Services sucks. I decided to let it all go for the sake of my own stress. I yell at enough people each day at work, that I really get tired of it.
    Sounds similar to the train wreck I've been dealing with. They did finally show up today to pick up the garbage. It had been three weeks. I have another option a neighbor speaks highly of, I'll be changing over at the end of the month.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Republic is THE WORST. It felt so good when we were finally able to cancel their services. I was so happy to tell them about leaving them for another trash service and how we were going to be paying 1/3 what we paid Republic. I was very polite and still they didn't care one bit.
    (Their worst offense was never collecting our recycle bin which they "required" us to pay for. They skipped us every 2 weeks for a year and we could never get a straight answer as to why)

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Twice the truck just dropped the dumpster in the truck and left. When I called the first time they said they would bring one in a month. I asked what I was supposed to do with my trash? Their reply was just stack it somewhere and they get it in a month. Uhhhh, I live in the country with mice, squirrels, coons, etc. told them for the price they charge it was unacceptable, had a bin in two days. Second their driver did dropped it in the truck they told me they would have to charge me for it. ????????. Don’t think so, goodbye. Had one in two days again. I understand right now is hard for companies to hire and keep people but customer service needs to step up and take care of things better.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    My biggest gripe is paying for a service I'm not receiving and being treated like I'm an ******* for questioning it.
    Oh yeah, me too. They wanted to go on charging me when I wasn’t going to get get picked up for 4 weeks

FWP9MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Bluffton
    I have had my issues with them over the years, the latest was a few months back with missed pickups for 3 weeks in a row. They blamed it on staffing challenges and they credited my bill.

I dropped down to one container a few years ago, but they still dump the two other containers that are not theirs if I put them all out.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    Worst experience I had, republic services drove right smack gates at work, with out opening them! Driver got out, looked at the smashed gate, looked at me,looked at the dumpster, and just drove way!
    My only complaint is you have to call and find out what week, they will pick up your 1 large item ....takes several phone calls, and several weeks to get it picked up

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    We have Ray's and no issues over 20 + years over 3 houses. Recently picked up their recycling service also as it was cheap enough and the schools in the area while still having recycle containers don't want to take recyclables from the public due to folks dumping trash.

No real complaints about Ray's.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    We have Ray's and no issues over 20 + years over 3 houses. Recently picked up their recycling service also as it was cheap enough and the schools in the area while still having recycle containers don't want to take recyclables from the public due to folks dumping trash.

No real complaints about Ray's.
    Me neither, had them for the 26 years I’ve lived out here.

Top Bottom