Anyone shoot at McDonald Lake Rod and Gun Club?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Just wondering about a place to shoot and saw this place, have not been there so wanting feedback about the place. It would be nice to find somewhere within 25 or so miles of Eugene. I have been a member of the Westville Sportsman Club in Westville Illinois for years but would like to find something in Indiana. Thanks, Jim.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Just wondering about a place to shoot and saw this place, have not been there so wanting feedback about the place. It would be nice to find somewhere within 25 or so miles of Eugene. I have been a member of the Westville Sportsman Club in Westville Illinois for years but would like to find something in Indiana. Thanks, Jim.
    I'm not sure it is still open. It used to be a neat place to go. The owner was a retired special forces officer. The restaurant moved to Crompton Hill and he completely sold out all his guns.

I'd recommend Riley Conservation Club (member) off 46 in Terre Haute or the range off 63 (I hear it is nice)

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Wife and I stopped at the resturant recently and the waitress talked as though the range was open, listed it on the menu. Went to check out the range Thursday afternoon and the gate was closed with a note on it telling delivery drivers to come to the house down the hill.
    I am still interested but will probably re-up at my old range before going down to Riley. About 20 miles to my old range and probably around 50 to Riley. IIRC there was a small private range near the "Shades" state park on 234. That would also be close to me but have no idea if it still exists. Jim.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Wife and I stopped at the resturant recently and the waitress talked as though the range was open, listed it on the menu. Went to check out the range Thursday afternoon and the gate was closed with a note on it telling delivery drivers to come to the house down the hill.
    I am still interested but will probably re-up at my old range before going down to Riley. About 20 miles to my old range and probably around 50 to Riley. IIRC there was a small private range near the "Shades" state park on 234. That would also be close to me but have no idea if it still exists. Jim.
    Completely understand. There is a place on the east side of 63 that may be an option. I think its a sporting clays place but maybe have some.pistol bays. I think at one time they did cowboy shooting so I'm assuming there are some pistol bays.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Completely understand. There is a place on the east side of 63 that may be an option. I think its a sporting clays place but maybe have some.pistol bays. I think at one time they did cowboy shooting so I'm assuming there are some pistol bays.
    Terre Haute Sporting Clay's does apparently have a few pistol pays and 150 yard rifle range

There is a place in centenary (west of Clinton on 163) that is private and apparently goes from 200 to 1000 yards. It looks like you have to know someone to get a membership

Top Bottom