• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Here is a novel thought: he should have paid his mortgage. Banks don't want to take houses back. It's a lot of work and quite costly to foreclose. This soldier didn't get a bailout, nor should he have. It's not anyone else's responsibility to pay your mortgage but yourself. Responsible individuals need to stand up to the bailout mentality.

I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but it disgusts me to see so many people constantly demanding that others help them out of the hole they dug.

stormryder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Batesville IN
    Hmm. When I was getting ready to Deploy, My bank(Wells- Fargo)was willing to put a hold on my Mortgage until I got back. Then pick up where I left off W/O Interest.
    Wonder if he even informed his Lender on his Deployment or if the Wife just cut and run w/his pay.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I totally agree, but sometimes when you're forward deployed it isn't that easy... sometimes things happen even with careful preparation beforehand.

No sympathies. I can't think of a single reason why a service member should be afforded immunity from the same responsibilities as every other mortgagor.

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    Hmm. When I was getting ready to Deploy, My bank(Wells- Fargo)was willing to put a hold on my Mortgage until I got back. Then pick up where I left off W/O Interest.

Sounds like he should have done this.. I would have for sure.

I'm not for bailouts of any kind.. especially to Fat Cat CEO's, Big Auto or Big Banks.. let them all fall, just like they're letting the people fall with no problem!

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    No sympathies. I can't think of a single reason why a service member should be afforded immunity from the same responsibilities as every other mortgagor.

I would tend to agree. He knew the pay when he signed up. If he thought he wasn't fairly compensated for his time then he should have chosen a different career path.

Or a smaller house.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Hey, guys, we don't know anything about this person's actual circumstance. We only know this person's emotional reaction (the society is treating him/her unfairly despite his/her patriotic commitment). The grievance may or may not reflect merit, and we just don't know.

Who is to say the photo isn't just some staged stunt?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Here is a novel thought: he should have paid his mortgage. Banks don't want to take houses back. It's a lot of work and quite costly to foreclose. This soldier didn't get a bailout, nor should he have. It's not anyone else's responsibility to pay your mortgage but yourself. Responsible individuals need to stand up to the bailout mentality.

I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but it disgusts me to see so many people constantly demanding that others help them out of the hole they dug.

Good point. The same applies to banks that can't manage money!

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Hey, guys, we don't know anything about this person's actual circumstance. We only know this person's emotional reaction (the society is treating him/her unfairly despite his/her patriotic commitment). The grievance may or may not reflect merit, and we just don't know.

Who is to say the photo isn't just some staged stunt?

Under what circumstances would his complaint have merit?

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    I have no sympathy. This individual, if active duty, had a guaranteed paycheck every two weeks, and could not do the math needed to pay the bills. I bought and paid for the house I am in now with what I earned on my last deployment alone.

black label

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Hobart
    Seriously do you people not remember the bailouts, they took our money gave it to the banks, because they were to big to fail. Remember the fed fired up the printing machine to give the banks almost 0% interest loans through the discount window, while the banks ran up the interest rates on everyone who had a variable interest rate. Oh yeah didn't the banks, Goldman Sachs, AIG, fannie and Freddy create this whole s*** storm, let's not forget our good ole congressmen, senators, and George w. Bush. Who after the people said no to the bailouts, and it was voted down, turned around the very next day passed it after the good old lobbyists got a hold of them.
    Maybe he's mad at the goverment because they gave the banks something like 16 trillion dollars of our money, our childrens money, and our grandchildrens money. While he got 3 combat tours, in 2 bulls*** wars.
    No one should have been bailed out.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Seriously do you people not remember the bailouts, they took our money gave it to the banks, because they were to big to fail. Remember the fed fired up the printing machine to give the banks almost 0% interest loans through the discount window, while the banks ran up the interest rates on everyone who had a variable interest rate. Oh yeah didn't the banks, Goldman Sachs, AIG, fannie and Freddy create this whole s*** storm, let's not forget our good ole congressmen, senators, and George w. Bush. Who after the people said no to the bailouts, and it was voted down, turned around the very next day passed it after the good old lobbyists got a hold of them.
    Maybe he's mad at the goverment because they gave the banks something like 16 trillion dollars of our money, our childrens money, and our grandchildrens money. While he got 3 combat tours, in 2 bulls*** wars.
    No one should have been bailed out.

Exactly. It reminds me very much about a certain parable regarding a servant who owed his master a great debts, was forgiven of it, and them promptly set about having another servant who owed him a small debt punished severely for not being able to repay. You may recall how that worked out for him. Same thing applies here.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    I totally agree, but sometimes when you're forward deployed it isn't that easy... sometimes things happen even with careful preparation beforehand.
    How so? The Soldiers and Sailors Relief Act prevents anyone from collecting debts while deployed. Period. Even the mortgage company. When you are deployed you get more money than when you are stateside.

Some people spend more than they can afford.

My son is a Marine Staff Sergeant. He's had several vacations in the sandbox so far. My daughter in law is a Marine Sergeant. I've been through all this.

black label

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Hobart
    Has anyone thought maybe this person isn't in the military anymore, do you know there current status? Maybe got out of the military and couldn't find a job.
    Maybe this person is just making a statement and not actually looking for a hand out.
    A statement like look the goverment bailed out multi billion dollar industries and banks, that have been cheating and screwing us for years, with our own money. But when it comes down to the person that paid that bill, they say we can't help everyone.

Just my opinion.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, I think his point is that other people got bailed out, surely he deserves it.
    And, if you're a reservist, you may not be prepared for a year of low pay.

And finally, while he is deployed, he is protected. Maybe this happened after he got back. But they are not supposed to move against you while you are in a war zone.

When you're dodging bullets, it's hard to remember a bill. Your stamps either aren't available, or you can't mail it, or, the stamps fell off because the heat messed up the glue.

So, he does have to pay.
    But, if we're going to help anyone out
    Someone who signed for a house but unable to afford it?
    Or, someone in the sandbox, 100 miles from a post office?

El Guero

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2011
    Nw Indiana
    Wonder if he even informed his Lender on his Deployment or if the Wife just cut and run w/his pay.

u are correct, if the eviction is going to be in a house that has the mortgagor in active military service it is put in hold.

also, foreclosure take about 14 months, so where you have plenty of redemption time to bring the mortgage back on track, there is no excuse, bank foreclose once payments are not been received or paid after 12 to 14 months, at that time you can bring mortgage to current, sale the property or negotiate terms with the bank if you are been deploy.

Top Bottom