Anyone seen a Rock River Arms LAR-8 .308 AR?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USPSA_10mm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Plainfield IN
    Ladies and Gents,
    Has anyone seen one of these?
    Rock River Arms: RRA LAR-8 Mid-Length A2/A4

I have the now out-of-production Bushmaster in 20" flat top form, but am interested in the mid-length RRA version. Anyone know of a reputable gun store with one of these?

I saw a picture of a 5.8" group at 500 meters... not bad for a short rifle. The velocity loss was around 10% from the shorter barrel.

Looks like I might have to sell a couple of firearms, even considering selling the Bushy, to get it though...

Last edited:

USPSA_10mm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Plainfield IN
    Good grief! A local dealer called around and was told that the wait time could be 18-24 months! Good news is that I can probably tuck $20 aside a couple of times a week and actually save up by the time it gets here...

USPSA_10mm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Plainfield IN
    Called Whittaker's, don't have any. Called Plainfield Shooting Supply, and they have no "black" rifles left. Dick Purvis looked around for me and that's were I got the 18-24 months (Thanks Dick).

I read through AR15.com and RRAMODERATOR said they are building out their factory by 60% floor space and it has taken a toll on their production. They can be found used, but scarce. I'll post a WTB and see who might have one for sale. If anyone runs across a 16" flat top, let me know...

Thanks all!

Top Bottom