• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glocker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    So I decided to finally upgrade from my stone age tube TV and buy a large fancy LCD TV. I then decide I can now start enjoying the BluRay experience and maybe rekindle my joy of video games which I didn't have an interest for the last 5 years. Knock two out with one stone.

I've been looking for a Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) for the past 3 weeks now and exhausted all my options. If I have to go a month looking for one I may go insane LOL so I'm willing to even drive long distance for one.

Please if anyone spots one let me know which store and location so I can call them up to hold it for me. Not much I can offer but a REC and a big THANKYOU!

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Are they hard to find right now? I'm down here in the Newburgh/Evansville area and have heard of no such problems. In fact, one of my friends recently just bought one.

Would you like me to call around for you?

If they are readily available around here like I think they are, you could just send me money and I'll pick it up and send it to you. I'm a nice guy so it won't cost you an extra dime; just $$$ for the PS3 + shipping.

You're about 5-6 hours away from here, so I doubt you want to make that drive, but if you want to make the drive, let me know and at the very least I can give you the numbers to the stores that would sell them.

Glocker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks I appreciate it! I'm not comfortable sending money to people unless if its an online retailer ect. I hope I didn't offend you I'm just a overly cautious guy. Which store did your friend buy it from? I can look it up and call them to see if they offer delivery. I'm really greatful for your help.

I looked everywhere locally and was even told that it was a nationwide problem but I know there has to be atleast 1 in this state of Indiana. I came across one used one but I like the peace of mind with a new one.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Thanks I appreciate it! I'm not comfortable sending money to people unless if its an online retailer ect. I hope I didn't offend you I'm just a overly cautious guy. Which store did your friend buy it from? I can look it up and call them to see if they offer delivery. I'm really greatful for your help.

I looked everywhere locally and was even told that it was a nationwide problem but I know there has to be atleast 1 in this state of Indiana. I came across one used one but I like the peace of mind with a new one.

Nope, no offense taken and obviously no skin off of my back...You saved me the hassle of calling the stores, going to pick it up, and sending it to you.

You've never made an online purchase from a forum member? You're missing out; there are great deals all over the place.

Anyway, I haven't a clue where he bought it. Like I said before, I'd be more than happy to either call around for you or just give you the numbers to the places most likely to have them in stock.

Greatestsin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Morgan Township, NWI
    Its the same with Wii's. Ask at your local game stores and they'll tell you: Taxes come in, people buy new video game systems. I finally got a wii last week after searching for about as long as you have been.

Jerry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    S. Indy
    or Walmart.com? Target.com? Overstock.com? Amazon.com? Bestbuy.com? Circuitcity.com?

I was looking around the other day doing some comparison/price shopping. Most of the online big-box venders seem to be out of stock on just the console. The consoles in stock were the "starter packs" or other pacages with a game or two and the model one with the larger hard drive. If you can't find one locally and assuming the games offered appeal to you or you want the larger hard drive, this may be your best option.

Glocker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Have you checked the Walmart on Maysville Rd?

THANKYOU! to you and everyone else. After reading your post I called them up and they had 1 left and the saleman said they could not hold that item as instructed by management.

I had to drive there and kept praying I would make it in time. They had a shipment of 3 units and all sold out the same day (I bought the last one).

I'm so excited! :ar15:

Jerry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    S. Indy
    THANKYOU! to you and everyone else. After reading your post I called them up and they had 1 left and the saleman said they could not hold that item as instructed by management.

I had to drive there and kept praying I would make it in time. They had a shipment of 3 units and all sold out the same day (I bought the last one).

I'm so excited! :ar15:
    :rockwoot: Congrats!!!

Top Bottom