• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • andyrping

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Greensburg, Pennsylvania
    I've been curious to see what the intro price is gonna be on these. I've been too busy to look around. I saw a few on GB, they were about $425-$475ish. I noticed the msrp for the compact is a little lower for the full size so I'd really like to see what these are gonna cost...

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    I got mine for 389 from lgs. It should be in tomorrow. If I understood him correctly he has more than just mine coming though. I was really happy with that price.

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    I fondled one last weekend, stainless slide, price was $459. It felt good in the hand, the sights were OK and the trigger had gravel in it. Seriously, the worst trigger I've felt this side of a Hi Point. I simply couldn't believe this trigger was that God-Awful.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I fondled one last weekend, stainless slide, price was $459. It felt good in the hand, the sights were OK and the trigger had gravel in it. Seriously, the worst trigger I've felt this side of a Hi Point. I simply couldn't believe this trigger was that God-Awful.

When you dry fire these in the store, make sure you do it with the magazine in place. I thought the same thing about these guns, then read that tidbit on Gunblast. Apparently, with the magazine out the magazine safety is dragging on the striker, and makes for the horrible, gritty trigger pull. I ran back to Big R to see if it really made a difference, and it's like night and day. With the magazine in, the trigger was crisp, much nicer IMHO than that on the XDs, Glocks, or M&Ps, no mush and the gravel was gone.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Yea, I took it out and was able to put 200 rounds down the pipe with no issues whatsoever. Shot it with both magazines and with the pinkie extension also. Honestly didn't shoot for grouping because its cold and I was just excited to get out and shoot it. Kept em all on the paper at 15 yds. Also did some draw and shoots. Pinkie extension does make quite a difference, but not sure if I'm gonna carry with it on or not yet?? I'd like to just practice up without the extension because it prints a little less without it. Recoil was relatively tame even with the short grip. That's one of my favorite things about the SR9... the perceived recoil is less than any other poly gun I've shot which I think is due to the low bore axis. I did a write up on it when I first got it on the ruger forum. I'll see if I can post it over here.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Here they are...
    Ruger SR9c with most of its goodies. (sans lock, keys, box, papers,and mag loader)
    IMG_1571.jpg

With full-size mag extension.
    IMG_1572.jpg

With pinkie extension. (Sorry I didn't actually take the time to change the base for the pics, so it's just kind of resting in the mag well, but you can see what it'd look like.)
    IMG_1573.jpg

With SERPA
    IMG_1574.jpg

With Crossbreed Supertuck
    IMG_1575-1.jpg

With its big brother OD
    IMG_1576-1.jpg

Slides (note recoil spring differences which I'm sure everyone is aware of.)
    IMG_1579-1.jpg

This pic shows the stamped "K" for stainless on my SR9 and the "A" on the SR9c for alloy.
    IMG_1598-1.jpg

The only differences I can see are the little slot in the plastic on the right (of picture) and the little plastic piece rises higher in the lower left (of picture) on SR9 in front of little spring.
    IMG_1585-1.jpg

Another view of it here. I can't tell where it could be that much different, but maybe I'm missing something.
    IMG_1596-1.jpg

Barrels and recoil springs
    IMG_1589-1.jpg

Full-size compared to 10 rd
    IMG_1592-1.jpg

Top Bottom