Anyone know anything about Ferris Mowers?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    My church has about 10 acres to mow and we have a Ferris mower with a 72" deck and a (26hp ?)Kawasaki engine. This is the second year we have had the mower and this year it is doing something weird. It will run fine at times apparently and then other times it will act like it isn't getting fuel. I was mowing today and it died on me while mowing, but not like a sudden stop, a gradual slowing of the engine and the electronic engine speed did nothing. With as big as a property we have to mow (we have five teams of volunteers to mow), it would be expensive to get someone to mow it for them. It has been in the shop two times to a big dealer on the southside of Terre Haute (no names mentioned) and they haven't been able to fix it.

Any simple things to look at? I like my Craftsman's carb engine more and more.

brown trix

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Morgan County
    Check and see if it has a mercury switch on it my dixie chopper would die and
    I had no clue, but if it is loose it can kill the mower, safety feature, just tighten to stop the movement

Top Bottom