• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RCB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Near Bedford
    I came across a 444 Creedmoor (rolling block). I have no intentions of buying it, but I never heard of, nor could I find info on a 444 Creedmoor. Is it similar to a 444 Marlin?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    From what I've been able to find, I'm betting it's actually chambered in 444 Marlin. Numrich made these guns as kits, and added the name "Creedmoor" on the barrels (named for the Creedmoor Plain in NY where shooting matches took place). I don't think it has anything to do with the caliber. A couple of sources that lead me to believe this...

And this:
    "Some years back, our hosts offered kits containing barrels and wood for RRB's. The "name" of one of the kits was "Creedmoor"(after the Creedmoor Plain Range where International Rifle Matches were held on LI NY) One of the calibers offered was the then new .444 Marlin. The other was the 45-70. As I recall they were intended for the 7mm RRB recievers. DB on the employee side of the forum should be able to give you details. It is out of production and from the amount of traffic on this forum,perhaps Gun Parts Corp should reconsider and offer it again."

Top Bottom