• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trebor657

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 1, 2017
    Fort wayne
    The Switch Gun...I have read the reviews and watched a few videos, but was wondering if anyone has/had one and what their unbiased opinions of it is??? I am kinda considering it for a "get off me gun" in pocket etc, mostly in warm months...I have the NAA .22 but its difficult to shoot for me...the extension of the grip on the Switch plus the .22 Mag option seems more realistic to me...appreciate any help or comments...Thanks

Switch Gun 3.jpg

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Lulz.

Serious question: If you need someone to "get off you", are you going to be able to deploy, unfold, thumb cock, and fire this thing? Then hope a .22 from a super snubby gets their attention?

I'd 100% carry a small fixed blade before even considering this. And at $500 shipped. :lmfao:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Get off me gun?

If you mean that literally, how are you going to fight them AND use two hands to unfold that gun and use it?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Lulz.

Serious question: If you need someone to "get off you", are you going to be able to deploy, unfold, thumb cock, and fire this thing? Then hope a .22 from a super snubby gets their attention?

I'd 100% carry a small fixed blade before even considering this. And at $500 shipped. :lmfao:
    Great minds think alike.

I Invented the Internet

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2022
    IN
    A folding pocket gun is something that probably has to be deployed with two hands, and that has to happen before you're wrestling with someone; afterwards seems too late in my estimation unless I'm missing something. Maybe look at a Seecamp? I dunno, I don't go any smaller than a P365.

CB1911

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 27, 2018
    Putnam County
    Have you looked at or held the NAA 22 mag Black Widow? I had one years ago. It worked OK for me in that role and was easy to use from a pocket holster. That said I don't use anything smaller than a J frame these days for pocket carry.

Trebor657

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 1, 2017
    Fort wayne
    Get off me gun?

If you mean that literally, how are you going to fight them AND use two hands to unfold that gun and use it?
    Don't need two hands...push a button, its open...I can gather by the responses to date that not many think this a viable option...to each his own I guess....I asked for anyone with real world experience, not opinion and conjecture....my bad, lesson learned...thanks for the responses

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Don't need two hands...push a button, its open...I can gather by the responses to date that not many think this a viable option...to each his own I guess....I asked for anyone with real world experience, not opinion and conjecture....my bad, lesson learned...thanks for the responses

Some of us with real world experience recognize it for the meme gun it is without having to buy it and test it for ourselves. Entangled gunfights are one of the lowest percentage wins for defenders and making it more complicated is not helping you.

Do what you want but don't get butthurt because we didn't enable this nonsense.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    A friend just got one, .22 mag. Man! that little sucker is loud. I am pretty good with a conventional snub nose. The switch gun is definitely a 2 yard pistol. We only shot at paper, I don't know what it would do to a hunk of pork roast. Better than nothing for sure. If the other guy has a real pistol, you will probably just mark him for arrest later.

GunsNstuff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have no experience with them, but I'd like to have experience with one. The NAA revolver is one of the coolest guns, I think. This is basically one of those but with a spring assisted opening. This is a 1 handed opening, like a switchblade. You hit a button and the gun flips out instead of a blade. If a knife can be handy in some defense situations, then so can this little gun.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I clicked because I thought this was somebody asking where to get ghetto Glocks :lmfao: No offense, OP, I just thought this was headed for "Best Of INGO" annals.

Just to stimulate some discussion, among those interested. What do you think the advantage would be over a "point-and-shoot" gun? What I mean by "point-and-shoot," is one that doesn't have to be A) unfolded, and B) cocked (single action), before it can be fired.

Short-circuiting the discussion aspect (because I need to get to bed), there's two drivers I can foresee for considering this gun:

1) It's small enough to fit in a pocket and

2) the covering of the trigger means you don't need a holster to keep it from firing in that pocket.

I really think if you do some introspection on these reasons, individually, you'll come to the conclusion each is leading you in the wrong direction, for the intended purpose.

1) Role play (or just imagine) with a buddy on a mat, shooting a double-leg and dumping you in jeans. Are you really going to be able to fish something out of the pocket of warm weather clothes under those circumstances? I sure can't imagine it. I can't even do it from a seated position in a car, where the person isn't on me yet. If the answer is "it's loose-pocket summer cargo shorts" (which is usually the genesis of these ideas), then okay, that leads to the next question:

2) Holsters don't just hold stuff and keep it from firing. They maintain it in a fixed, un-varying orientation, so your brain doesn't have to figure out which end of it you've got a hold of. Without a holster, this item can get turned any which way in the (cargo) pocket, and in the folded position, it's kinda "square." Like one of those credit-card thingies that Taurus or whoever came out with, can you simulate the above drill where it's turned at a different angle in the pocket...do your fingers have the "intelligence" to figure out which end is which, and can you unfold it on the first try? With somebody curb-stomping you? This doesn't even have the advantage of the pocket clip on a folding knife, keeping the item in a fixed orientation so you can initiate the process of deploying it without fiddling with orientation.

I've probably over-thought things as usual, but if this is really $500 and you're thinking of getting it, I think it's probably worth hashing out what were the reasons you find it appealing, instead of just scoffing at you...and then you need to de-bug those reasons. If you think it through, I believe the reasons are leading you in the wrong direction. You want a gun that is A) secured in a fixed orientation, to make deployment simpler, and B) requires basically no manipulation before pulling the trigger.

If and when you decide you want something like a Kahr because the long double action will keep it from going off in your cargo pocket...return to our castle, so we may taunt you a second time :): ***

But seriously. Don't buy this.

***(or just search up the existing thread on that)

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    The Switch Gun...I have read the reviews and watched a few videos, but was wondering if anyone has/had one and what their unbiased opinions of it is??? I am kinda considering it for a "get off me gun" in pocket etc, mostly in warm months...I have the NAA .22 but its difficult to shoot for me...the extension of the grip on the Switch plus the .22 Mag option seems more realistic to me...appreciate any help or comments...Thanks

View attachment 324009
    I suggest getting a Ruger LCR in 357mag. Lightweight, and 5 shots.
    They are about $100 more and would do a much better job.

1704693898900.png

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I suggest getting a Ruger LCR in 357mag. Lightweight, and 5 shots.
    They are about $100 more and would do a much better job.

View attachment 324206

I think there's a .38 version in the classifieds for cheaper at the moment.

.38 wadcutters would be a significant step up over a .22, especially from a short barrel.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I bought one and gave it to my father to carry.
    He loves it. I loaded up some soft shooting rds for him and my mother. Very soft shooting. They both carry snubnose 38's.

Thread 'Ruger LCR with Night Sight' https://www.indianagunowners.com/threads/ruger-lcr-with-night-sight.544930/

Good choice, I think. The centerfire LRCs are a great 'old guy gun'. The cammed trigger in the LCR is, IMO, the best double action snubbie trigger in factory form available. Ruger hit a home run with those.

Top Bottom