• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Looking at adding another 223/5.56 bolt gun to my collection and I am intrigued by the Mossberg MVP with it's ability to use AR15 magazines. If anyone has one of these rifles, what has been your experience ? Who's mags will she run ? How accurate is she ? What weight bullets have you used... Whats your overall likes or dislikes of the rifle ?

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    One is at the meet and shoot every month right? Plenty of pics of it.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-season-4-sat-20-apr-2013-nwi-meet-shoot.html

Nope. no pics of one in that link. I've never seen one at the M&S events I've been to. Are you thinking of something elase? Maybe my 7615P, perhaps?
    Heres someone shooting it at Winimac, some of you know him. ;)

DHH_2550w.jpg

Btw, GB be sure and check out the Predator and Patrol versions. ;)

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    I had an 18" Predator for a bit. Overall, it was a pretty decent rifle. Mine wouldn't hold my gen2 Pmags, but did just fine with every aluminum mag I tried.

I did not shoot it much, but it was in the 3/4 - 1" range (100yd, 5 shot groups) with the 50gr Fiocchi vmax loads I was trying. A better shooter would likely have gotten better results, but I was pretty happy with those groups from $0.45/rd factory ammo.

Last edited:

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    LEO, that is some of what I was looking for.... After all I'll probably be comparing it to my Ruger 77VT in the back of my head accidentally.... I think I'm going to get one of these to play with... been reloading a lot more 5.56/223 ammo and this could prove interesting....

Nipprdog, I might need to get you to bring that 7615P out to a photo shoot.... plus I'll have to try ti out at the next M&S were both at...

Thanks guys for the info...

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    If they'd mass produce them with a 300BLK option they'd sell like hot cakes.

Yeah, well, it's been a year since they announced they were going to and the numerous emails I've sent them in the last few months I keep getting "the distributors have them now" yet my dealers don't seem to be able to find them.

I'm pretty pissed at Mossberg for this crap. If it wasn't the only option that used AR mags I would have long ago went with something else. I've avoided the Rem700 in 300BLK just for the magazine option.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Well I've got a MVP Patrol coming.... When I get to run it through it's paces I'll post what my experience has been... Thanks guys...

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    I'd pick up a varmint in a heartbeat if it was readily available in 300 BLK. They're dropping the ball in my opinion.
    Yeah, well, it's been a year since they announced they were going to and the numerous emails I've sent them in the last few months I keep getting "the distributors have them now" yet my dealers don't seem to be able to find them.

I'm pretty pissed at Mossberg for this crap. If it wasn't the only option that used AR mags I would have long ago went with something else. I've avoided the Rem700 in 300BLK just for the magazine option.

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    I have one with the straight/non target stock. Haven't wrung it out yet with hand loads to see how well it can shoot. The action is the roughest of any bolt action rifle I've ever owned. You really need to work it hard and fast like a nazi sniper to get it to work well.

Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    I've had my 20" Predator model for nearly a year now. No complaints at all really, shoots pretty much anything I have put in it very well everything from 50grn to 69 grn even quite a bit of steel cased Tula and Wolf. When it was new I shot it in a full distance Appleseed I had 1 shot all day out of the black and it was one that I did not get off. The rifle held right at 2 moa all day long off of a sling. I don't shoot off a bi pod or rest though. I have used steel and aluminum GI mags with no issues, P mags are tight and feed fine just a little harder to get in and out.

Top Bottom