• Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    stealth_elite.jpg

I stopped at the Rohrbaugh Firearms booth because of the crowd of people listening to Mr. Rohrbaugh explaining his gun and left very impressed. It is a $1,100 MSRV 9mm handgun that is about the same size as the .380 Ruger LCP. If you have the $$ I would suggest giving this a good look as a CC or backup gun. :):

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Not at all

Sounds pricey and looks cheap... just my 2 cents.

I held one in my hand for several minutes and it is a very well made hangun. They are a small mfg. so price is higher due to low volume. They are the only small 9mm PP gun on the market. I would be interested to hear from someone who shot one.

rohr_wkeys.jpg

Micro size/Full power 9mm - especially desirable with today's high-performance ammunition for increased stopping/knock-down power.
    This model has no sights, making it THE smallest 9mm and the perfect back-up and deep cover pistol ever.
    Constructed of stainless steel and aircraft aluminum alloy for low maintenance and rust-resistant properties against moisture and perspiration. The finish is Two Tone only, making for a very durable carry pistol.
    Small enough and light enough to carry unconstrictively at all times. Easy and fast to get into action.
    Devoid of any sharp edges, so as to not wear holes in clothing, handbags, etc.
    Mechanism is simple and easy to dissemble and reassemble so the proper maintenance can be done by anyone, and so that functioning reliability can be maintained.
    The slide-to-frame fit is designed to keep dust and lint out of the mechanisms.
    The gun was designed from its inception to be small, roughly 5.2 " x 3.7";
    to weigh a mere 12.8 oz;
    to be slim and smooth, devoid of any sharp edges or protrusions;
    and to have no external levers or controls to be manipulated.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I held one in my hand for several minutes and it is a very well made hangun. They are a small mfg. so price is higher due to low volume. They are the only small 9mm PP gun on the market. I would be interested to hear from someone who shot one.
    I have NOT shot one, but I have a good friend who has one and swears it is a GREAT, and absolutely reliable pocket pistol. Its design is very much like the highly esteemed Seecamp pistols but upped in strength for the 9mm round. He says it kicks pretty good too.

Sounds pricey and looks cheap... just my 2 cents.
    Pictures are deceiving. It is not a cheap looking gun in person.

The magazine release looks like it is begging to be accidentally tripped. For a pocket gun, that seems like a serious problem.
    The mag release is stout and positive, no danger of an accidental release. It is very common on European market guns to have the magazine release in at the base of the grip. Its a time proven design, just not well accepted here in the USA. Rohrbaugh utilized it on this gun because it allows the gun to be slightly smaller than if the release is behind the trigger.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Think you are off target on this one.

The magazine release looks like it is begging to be accidentally tripped. For a pocket gun, that seems like a serious problem.

QUOTE: From their web site........

Since the year is winding down and we’re writing this around Thanksgiving time, all of us at Rohrbaugh Firearms would like to mention a few of the things we’re thankful for . . .

• We’re thankful to the NRA for awarding us one of their coveted Golden Bullseye Awards: the 2005 Shooting Illustrated Handgun of the Year Award, for Rohrbaugh R9.
    • We’re thankful to all of the prestigious national shooting magazines that have give our pistol such headline coverage and rave reviews. . .including American Handgunner, Concealed Carry Magazine, Shooting Illustrated, Combat Handguns and Harris Publications' Handguns 2006 Buyer's Guide.

This doesn't sound like a poorly designed gun to me. Mag holds 6 to answer an earlier question. That mag release is same style on the Ruger Mark I that I have owned for years and have had zero issues with.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Melensdad gave a good explanation that seems to disprove me concern. I am sure you'd agree it would be a problem if they hadn't engineered around it. The size compromise makes sense, and is a higher priority. You won't be reloading this gun quickly- you'll be transitioning to ______.

Top Bottom