Anyone eve backorder ammo from Cabela's online?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Anyone ever backorder ammo from Cabela's online?

Just like the title says - has anyone ever ordered ammo from Cabela's knowing when placing the order it was on backorder?

Their site says expected to ship in 0-1 week, obviously filling previous backorders first.

Anyone had any luck?

Their prices aren't TOO bad, but it's worth paying a little extra anyway just to not have to go searching...

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    cabela's on line has always been a good place, a bit high on some prices..
    I have no idea how correct the wait times for ammo is now..
    I backordered some primers from them last week..

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I ordered some Hornady Critical Defense 38Spl +P from them a few weeks ago. My order confirmation on 3/31 stated that orders would begin to be filled on 4/24. It actually shipped on 4/7. (2 1/2 weeks before expected.)

Last edited:

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    They are great on back orders, but give their main 800 # a call every week or so until your order arrives.

They will continue to offer the same original price on even more back orders until they ship.

+1 Cabela's

TK:patriot:

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    I dunno. I backordered some ammo the first of Dec of last year and as of the middle of fed it was STILL on backorder so I just cancelled it. I mean what is the use of having the damn stuff on backorder if its not coming in? I CAN say at the same time that in that same order I had ordered some other ammo and it came in within a month. The stuff that was on backorder was bulk ammo and the stuff that wasn't was HD ammo. don't know if that makes any difference. Now I prefer to deal with places like Precision Cartridge inc. for my bulk ammo needs. The prices are better than all that I have looked at, AND the place is within 5 miles of the house. ;)

Greg

Wesley Willis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Indiana
    For me, their initial wait times have been off. I usually receive a number of emails saying the order is being delayed again, and they always seem to put it another 2 weeks off. I still have an existing backorder on an order I placed on December 22, 2008! I'm obviously not in a hurry for the order, and at this point, I am not cancelling the order because I am curious as to how long it will take! Plus, at the price I ordered the stuff at in December, it has nearly doubled by now. I am never in a big hurry for my stuff, so I don't mind waiting for it. But if you are in a hurry or need some ammo, I would not rely on their 0-1 week estimated ship times...in my experience, it has always been longer than that.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Bought a hardcase for my arrows this summer, was on backorder,,,then longer,,, then longer. I will say they had fantastic comunication with me letting me know it would take longer. I ordered during high archery volume also.

LuckyBrush

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Delphi, Indiana
    I ordered some .380 rds about 2 wks ago, they were on backorder with estimated ship date in 0-1 week. For almost a week now, it says 1-2 weeks. I figure I'll wait since that ammo is near impossible to find anywhere, and it's cool since they dont charge you till it ships. Its like waiting on my LTCH, if it doesnt come in 2 months, just wait longer! :)

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I placed another Back Order with Cabela's today.

WWB .40 S&W FMJ

With my points I got it for $35.48/100 round box Shipped... :)

TK :patriot:

"Attack means you get your sights on the terrorist (his head if possible) and you smoke him like a Cuban cigar" ~ (Gabe Suarez)

causerofwait

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Ft. Wayne

Only good if you are a "present customer". He told me that I can't become a "present customer" and to check back once a month to see if they are selling to the rest of us. Great deal if you can get it, sucks if you can't.

Also, watch out for additional charges with Cabela's. I added an item to my cart, great deal, but then when I went to check out they added shipping, additional shipping (heavy item) and tax. By the time it was all added up it added $.04 per round, no longer a good deal to me.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom