www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If so, call this number:

Customer Service: +1 (800) 675-4184 (Toll Free)

Its a scam. Ive received 4 emails today from "Norton", all claiming my order for multiple copies of their software went through, and if I didnt order it, to call them to cancel. No links anywhere, just the phone number to call.

And its obviously a scam. Misspellings, bad grammar, bad punctuation, and they all originate from various free email platforms.

And the 800 number comes back as a scam number in the online reporting forums.

So have fun if you are so inclined.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Not touching that with a 10' pole. Why would anyone open themselves up to getting more scam calls (or worse) by calling a number left by scammers?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Not touching that with a 10' pole. Why would anyone open themselves up to getting more scam calls (or worse) by calling a number left by scammers?
    *67 blocks caller ID if its a landline. And some cell phones can be turned on inside the device.

Or borrow a coworker's phone to do it. LOL

I just tried it on my iphone. Settings, phone, show my caller ID. turning it off doesnt transmit the number.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Every now and then I will accept a "scam call" for fun.

When it is a male, I ask if I can call back after I finish ******* his wife.
    I got one of those "we want to buy your house" calls awhile back and they (in a male voice) actually left a message on my machine. Yes I still have a machine. Hush. Anyhow, I called back the number they left and got connected to some young lady.

Normally I'm quite gentlemanly and chivalrous when it comes to those of the fairer sex, but I lit into her. If I were to type out my side of the conversation, it probably would look a lot like one of your posts. :lmfao:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    *67 blocks caller ID if its a landline.

Doesn't matter if it's a landline or cell phone, it still works.

Note that there are readily available apps that remove the block and show the real number. If you want to screw with people, use a VoIP and a disposable number like they do, or one of the apps that gives you a temporary phone number from a rotating bucket of options.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    *67 blocks caller ID if its a landline. And some cell phones can be turned on inside the device.

Or borrow a coworker's phone to do it. LOL

I just tried it on my iphone. Settings, phone, show my caller ID. turning it off doesnt transmit the number.
    I just noticed that I actually contradicted myself anyhow. I did call back a scammer and **** with them. :): And I had forgotten all about *67 for the landline.

I don't have an iphone but I never answer any number I don't recognize on my cell. I will look up the number on the internet to see if it's a known scam number. But in general, if they didn't leave me a voicemail, I block the number.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I got one of those "we want to buy your house" calls awhile back and they (in a male voice) actually left a message on my machine. Yes I still have a machine. Hush. Anyhow, I called back the number they left and got connected to some young lady.

Normally I'm quite gentlemanly and chivalrous when it comes to those of the fairer sex, but I lit into her. If I were to type out my side of the conversation, it probably would look a lot like one of your posts. :lmfao:
    A guy in Fishers still gives out the cell number Ive had for 18 years. I assume its so he doesn't get these kinds of calls, but still has a number to give companies to create an account.

Anyway I get at least 3 scam calls/texts A day for Maurice. Now I'm getting live "we want to buy your house" calls. My new response? "I'm sorry, Maurice is dead." Maybe someday they'll note that and stop calling. Maybe if I'm lucky, he will get marked as deceased in a database and it will trickle down to others and make his life hell. Or at least annoy him as much as he annoys me.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Doesn't matter if it's a landline or cell phone, it still works.

Note that there are readily available apps that remove the block and show the real number. If you want to screw with people, use a VoIP and a disposable number like they do, or one of the apps that gives you a temporary phone number from a rotating bucket of options.
    That sounds way too complicated. Is there an app that I can use to send a high voltage burst right to their phone or handset/headset/computer auto-dialer? :)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    A guy in Fishers still gives out the cell number Ive had for 18 years. I assume its so he doesn't get these kinds of calls, but still has a number to give companies to create an account.

Anyway I get at least 3 scam calls/texts A day for Maurice. Now I'm getting live "we want to buy your house" calls. My new response? "I'm sorry, Maurice is dead." Maybe someday they'll note that and stop calling. Maybe if I'm lucky, he will get marked as deceased in a database and it will trickle down to others and make his life hell. Or at least annoy him as much as he annoys me.
    "Maurice" triggered a Steve Miller moment... You should just answer with the first verse to "The Joker" lyrics.

Them: Hello, can I speak to Maurice?

You:
    "Some people call me the space cowboy, yeah
    Some call me the gangster of love
    Some people call me Maurice
    Cause I speak of the pompitous of love."

;)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    "Maurice" triggered a Steve Miller moment... You should just answer with the first verse to "The Joker" lyrics.

Them: Hello, can I speak to Maurice?

You:
    "Some people call me the space cowboy, yeah
    Some call me the gangster of love
    Some people call me Maurice
    Cause I speak of the pompitous of love."

;)
    Alternative answers...

You: "No, you've got the gangster of love, but some people call me Maurice."

You: "No, I'm the space cowboy. You must have the wrong number."

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    Oh I love playing the scammer game. Only when they call me though.
    I had calls from someone with a obvious Indian accent tell me my bank account was used for illegal drug activity and if I dont pay a fine I will be arrested. Of course the fine was to be paid in Amazon gift cards...lol
    Told them I'm broke and just wanted to turn myself in. Where do I go to do that. They couldn't tell me where to turn myself in. Even went as far as to remind me what happens to people in prison.
    I kept them on the line for a good 20 minutes before telling them I worked for the DEA. Immediately hung up. BTW I dont work for the DEA.
    Sometimes its fun to scam the scammers

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    I cuss them in ways that would embarrass my mother. I tell them they are thieves, and that is why we don't allow them in our country. When I get to the part about them having anal sex with monkeys, they usually hang up.

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    Answered the phone from a local number (I have an out of state number, so scammers are easier to ID) - offered to buy my house. I replied "Sure! Make me an offer" they hung up. What fun is that?

Sometimes I answer "Police department" - (I never say I am a cop - just those words). Hang ups.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    You know those air horns they use on boats.
    let’s just say I hope they did not have on a headset.
    Also back in the day when we had answering machines I would record the old “the number you have dialed is no longer is service please check the number and dial again” as the answering machine message and 10-15 seconds after the repeat message you would get the beep to record a message. You just have to tell people what the deal was but no matter how many times I told my mom she always thought I was not paying the bill.

the Second trick seemed to get me removed from the phone call list while the first method seemed to make them call earlier or later than normal.

Top Bottom